Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's Family Fun Night, and Gosh Darnit, We're Gonna Have Fun!


This past weekend I went home to see the fam, and it was SOOOO much fun. My brother is a senior, which scares me, and all us sisters hiked back to our old stomping grounds to watch Josh play his last home soccer game. It meant a lot for all of us to show Josh support, and to embarrass him to no end by cheering him on with our loud - well let's face it- unusually loud mouths. But no matter what Josh says, he loves every minute of it.

This weekend was unlike any other weekend that I've ventured home. There were so many people that a. I wasn't expecting to see, and b. hadn't seen in years, so that was an added bonus. So thank you to Jon A., Eric, Cuca, Brooke, Julia, and April for being the icing on the what was the already delicious cake.

I took my sis back to Rochester so I could see my newly engaged friends, and it was both wonderful and sad. It was wonderful because i got to see the ring (which is the classiest ring I've ever seen- well done John), and because I got to catch up with two of my favorite people. But it was sad because I realize that I'm missing so much of their lives because I'm not there. But I guess that's why they call it growing pains...

I stayed up way too late with my bro-in-law, but it was totally worth it because I miss that man to no end. Thanks, Denis, for listening to me talk for hours and hours. It meant so much. And thank you to Becca and Allison for being the best sisters around, and making me laugh 99% of the weekend. You rock.

Usually it's always hard to hug my mamma and daddy goodbye and head back home, but for some reason, it was a little harder to bring myself to drive home. It's not because I don't like where I live, or because I wasn't excited to see my husband (because I totally was)... I think the most frustrating thing out of it all is that I didn't really know why. But after tears were shed, I took a deep breath and traveled onward. Allegany will always feel like home in a sense, I guess.... and I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Amy said...

From the girl with the classiest ring *notice she didn't say the classiest girl?*

I love you so much and seeing you this weekend made me miss you just as much as you're feeling. John and I miss having you up here so much and wish that we could spend more time with you and Mike. But it's an awesome blessing to have a friend who we can jump right back into things with when you come, we haven't skipped a beat. Give Mike a hug for me and tell him we missed him this weekend.

becca said...

you are welcome for being a good sisiter. i sure do try my best! hehehe. it is amazing that you still love me as much as you do seeing how all i did was make fun of you the whole weekend.

amy, you would read into things. you are such a dork...a classy dork, but a dork none the less