Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Greatest Band Alive

Mike is one of the biggest U2 fans out there, and when he got the opportunity to get tickets to a concert, he pounced. Now I'm not going to hold it against him that he asked like, 5 people before he settled on taking his not so rock and roll wife to the concert. But I have to say that I am SO glad that nobody else could make it, because it was seriously the best concert that I have EVER been to. I've never seen Mike so exctied and giddy before. John, Amy- remember when we all went to the Air Force show, and Mike was like a kid in a candy store? Yeah, multiply that by 10. The only difference was that he stayed with me, and didn't leave me stranded in the middle of the highway-er, stadium.

But anyway- Bono is an incredible entertainer, and the band is to tight. But that wasn't even the best part of the concert. The music wasn't about sex, drugs, and rock and roll. It was about world issues, and religion... their songs were informative. The very first song was "City of Blinding Lights", and the lyrics at the end of the song were: "Blessings aren't just for the healers"- and then Bono looked up and raised his hands, and said, "Luckily" - and it was worshipful. He just created all of these moments throughout the concert and I was so taken back by how emotional it made me. It was very cool. I wish I could explain all that happened, but I wouldn't do it justice. But I'll leave you with this- even if you aren't a huge U2 fan, you should make a point to go to a concert before they retire. You will not leave disappointed.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
becca said...

We all know that amy would rather see Keith Urban rather than BONO. i can't see her screaming "Bono, i want to have your babies"...can you?

Rachel said...

Now that's an unfair question, John.... I've never seen Keith in concert, and I'm sure he's good. I like Keith's music better, but U2 gives you so much more than mucic- it's an experience. So in a perfect world, Keith Urban would OPEN for U2!

Rachel said...

Um...no, Mike would NEVER let me get away with it. I saw Keith Urban on a GAP comercial, and I made a gasping sound, and Mike was upset that I would oggle over a man in front of him, and I didn't even SAY anything...so cudos to Amy for getting away with it. :-)

Amy said...

No trust me Rachie I did get away with it. I came, I went AND I yelled that I wanted to have Keith's baby and he not only bought me the tickets to the concert he still gave me the ring! I'd say I pretty much made out like a bandit!!

I don't think I could imagine Mike any more excited then he was the day of the air show. Unbridled excitement.

Rachel said...

Amy- You TOTALLY have John wrapped around the finger he put your beautiful ring on. But I'm sure he wouldn't want to be wrapped around any one else's. You're pretty lucky too...he's a great guy.

The question is, would HE get away with making a comment like that? Not to Keith tho- that would be pretty uncomfortable.

becca said...

just so you all know, john tells me how wonderful i am everyday...amy...are you okay with that? :)

and just to be the thrid party in this keith urban debate, amy yelled her comment about birthing keiths child, and i believe that john gave her a look and then just kept on truckin... am i right?... of course i am

Amy said...

Look what we started here. I can assure you that Jessica Biel will not be having those red-headed children.
And don't worry Rach I know how lucky I am.
And Becca you are wonderful *as is your twin sister* and I dont mind if John tells you that everyday, he probably should tell you it more! You girls mean the world to him.

Rachel said...

Thanks John, that means a lot.

And Amy- Jessica Beil doesn't hold a candle to you. that's fo sho.

becca said...

it is so funny to me that the two of you make fun of eachothers physical features, yet you plan on someday procreating anyway....so funny. they will be some read headed big cheaked (for sure) kids.... can you imagine what keith urbans and jessica biel's babies would look like...