Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Headshots, Rochester, NY

This little girl stole my heart.  She was just the sweetest thing, and boy did she make my job easy.


Her mother contacted me and asked me to get some head shots of Lexi for her portfolio.  We decided to get some really fun, modern shots, so we agreed on shooting them at High Falls.  Probably one of my favorite places to take pictures.  It was a gorgeous day- tho a tad bit windy.  But Lexi didn't mind.  Neither did I since the wind made some great shots.

Did I mention that she made my job easy?  Because she did.  I was setting up a shot, and she began to dance (and she is an amazing dancer- trained in tap, jazz, ballet, and contemporary dance).  So I took advantage and asked her to do a few twirls for me.  A-WESOME!
Did I mention that she is the sweetest?  Because she really really is. 

I was able to take a few tricks that I learned from the classes I took at WPPI (I feel like I mention the conference in every post I have done lately- that's how awesome it was.  Sorry if it gets annoying!) and use them on Lexi, and I was so so pleased with how they came out.  
 I will teach you photographer readers some of my tricks in my next blog post.  :-)
I wish you nothing but the best, Lexi!  You are going to be a star someday!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel. These are beautiful! I can be a typical mom & say these are beautiful because of Lexi, but I will say these are beautiful because of how talented & gifted you are!! I knew you would capture her natural beauty & that's exactly what you did!! Lexi and I just loved you!! Thank you, thank you!!!!
Gisela

Christina said...

Love these pictures! What a beautiful girl...

Bethany said...

Love the "striped" one with the sun coming in through the fence!!