Monday, March 05, 2012

Bakin' With Becky

Miss. Becky is Harmony's teacher at Pearce 4 Kids, and Harmony has declared on numerous occasions that Miss Becky is her most favorite person besides me of course in the whole wide world.  So to make Harmony the happiest girl in the whole wide world, I planned and evening filled with her two favorite things besides me of course- Baking and Becky.  


And boy was she happy.  I have learned from past experiences that you can't tell Harmony things too far in advance or else you NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT.  Seriously.  For example- last year, I told her that for Easter she was getting a new playground for the backyard.  Awesome, right?  I was so excited to tell her, and I couldn't hold it in any longer. Bad decision. She must have asked me if it was Easter a thousand times a day. That isn't even exaggerating.  There wasn't 5 minutes that went by for two whole weeks where we didn't talk about that dang playground.  Lesson. Learned.

So I didn't tell Harmony that Miss Becky was coming until about 30 minutes before she was arriving.  This is what she did for that entire time.

 "Mommy is she here nooooooowwwwwww?" Oye. Gotta teach that girl time. 

Once Becky got here, Harmony was crazyjumpingupanddownuntilshecouldn'tjumpanymore exited.  And I honestly wanted to do the same thing.  I have known Becky for over 10 years now.  I worked with her at Pearce when I was in college.  She abandoned us for a spell when she moved south for a bit, but I was was so so happy to hear that not only was she coming back, but that she was going to be Harmony's teacher.  And now she is a part of our every day life, and we just love it.

Once dinner was over I brought out our aprons and baking items, and they got cracking on some super delish brownies.




Where was Makaela in all of this?  Oh ya know....

Being obsessed with my apron.  

 Mixing is her favorite part

Actually scratch that, THIS is her favorite part. :-)

Thanks Miss Becky for making a little girl very happy!!!

Oh, and PS, those brownies were AMAZING!!!




1 comment:

Ang said...

Nice aprons ;)