Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Since everyone else is doing it....

I totally stole this from John and Amy, but it looked like fun! So here it goes!

20 years ago I... (1985)

1. I was probably driving my mother crazy as she chased Becca and I around the neighborhood. I'm sure we were a handful!
2. Dreading going to kindergarden. I specificly remember sitting on my porch one day, knowing that my life wouldn't be as fun when I started school. I knew that once i started school, I would be in it until i was really old (and at that time in my life, 22 seemed REALLY old!)
3. I was jealous that my two sisters had cabbage patch dolls that had long pretty hair, and mine had short red curly hair that i could do nothing with! So 20 years ago, you could find me with a hair brush, trying my hardest to brush out the curls.

10 years ago I... (1995)
1. I was starting high school, and getting used to the fact that my school merged, and i was now an Allegany-Limestone gator, and not an Allegany Blue Devil.
2. I was FINALLY growing out of my awkward phase by getting my braces off, growing my hair out, and growing into my hips.
3. My family was starting to get back to normal after my brothers accident. I still can't believe that it happend 10 years ago....seems like yesterday.

3 years ago I... (2002)
1. I met and fell in love with Mike! Sigh.....
2. I watched my sister walk down the isle and marry one of the greatest men that i know. She was the most beautiful bride that i had ever seeen....until 10 months later when i got married...hehehe.
3. I spent the summer with two FABULOUS girls (Becca and Christy), and two fairly odd boys, traveling from camp to camp trying to lead teens down the path of righteousness!

1 year ago I...
1. I was living in the "quaint" town (as John says) of East Aurora doing the youth ministry thang.
2. I celebrated my first year of being Mrs. Michael Shipman, and I loved every minute of it... and i still am.
3. Mike and I were starting to realize that God had a different plan for us other than youth ministry, and we began to pray about where we were suppose to be.


This year I...
1. Mike and I were faithful to God's calling, and I sucked it up and moved to Pittsburgh, away from my family, but moved to a place where it feels more and more like home every day.
2. I became a photographer! I'm learning a lot about what it takes to become a studio photographer, and I'm also getting opportunities to dabble in wedding photography! Tons of fun!
3. I lost 10 pounds! I joined Weight Watchers, and set out to loose 25 pounds, and I'm over 1/3 of the way there. I've been bad this month though....I haven't exercised at all! I've been very naughty....

Yesterday I...
1. I had the day off, so I slept in and went shopping with my friend Marcy.
2. It was date night for Mike and I, so we went out to dinner at a resturant called "The Tavern", and it wasn't that great. Then Mike and I spent the evening cuddling on the couch watching TV.
3. I FORGOT TO CALL JAIME ON HER BIRTHDAY! I will hold this over my head for an entire year until i make it up to her next year.

Today I...
1. Had the day off again (yes, be jealous), so I spent the morning cleaning my house, and spent the afternoon grocery shopping.
2. I got a few more pages done on a scrapbook that I'm making for my brothers graduation (shhh, it's a surprise). All i have to say is that my brother was THE CUTEST baby EVER, and he is THE HANDSOMEST man EVER. I wuv him so much!
3. I've been counting down the hours until Lost is on! Woo hoo! What happend to the people on the boat? I don't know, but I'll find out in T minus 3 hours!

Tomorrow I will...
1. MISS ALIAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I have to work the evening shift, and I will miss the first half hour/45 min. of Alias. The world is ending!
2. GET OUT AND EXERCISE! I have to get back into doing that!
3. Did i mention that I will miss Alias....oh, the headaches are back.....

In the next year I will...
1. Find out what Michael Vaughn's REAL name is, and if he truly IS a double agent.
2. Reach my goal weight!
3. Hopefully buy a house, and begin to plan about when to start a family. Gotta make my mom a grandma!

2 comments:

becca said...

Rach, i just thought i'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income....oh wait, never mind. just thought i would fit in with the theme of this comment page. Apparently they don't know that you are already ROLLIN in the dough. but i enjoyed your blog, it made me feel like i was right there living those events with you...oh wait....
love you babe

Anonymous said...

This was a wonderful idea!! BUT it made my heart go pitter patter when I saw the things you thought as a child that hurt you. Maybe Mom should have been there?? You have such a tender heart and I know you will make a great Mom - SOME DAY!! I printed this off to show your Dad. - love you - Mom