Friday, September 23, 2005

My Sis

This is my twin (she is on the right), Becca. She asked me to write a little something about her, and since she is the pushy twin (which makes me the pushover), I've concured.

We started out at "wombmates" as she likes to call it, and then came the whole being born thing, and I was the smarter, more curious one who came down the birth canal first. But my sister decided to stay a while, and eventually had to be taken out my cesarean an hour later. My mom says that she was a pain from the start. :-)

We went from "wombmates" to roommates for 18 years until we decided to venture out and room with other people in college. I didn't particularly like it at first, but I learned to live with it. Then one day she fell in love with our choir directer, Denis (I know that probably makes him sound old, but he is only a year older-he's just a piano prodigy), and they got married in December 2002. I actually saw her more AFTER she was married, which doesn't really make sense, so it wasn't too much of a life change for me. Then 10 months later I married Michael and moved away- which was very hard on both of us. We still aren't thrilled that we live far from each other- I hate being away from all of family for that matter, but we get through. But I love that I've had a built in best friend for my entire life, and she's the best.

5 comments:

becca said...

rach, i didn't think you would really do it!!! you are the sweetest sister EVER!!! miss you TONS! looking forward to when i get to see you again. tell mike that is said hello. did you see that mom is reading this stuff....better be careful with what we say about her....hehehe. JUST KIDDING MA! LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, sister, shmister...what about your bestest best friend in the world??!?!?! I know that you're busy and you'd look like a total nerd if you put everything down in one day...so i'll give you until tuesday September 27th at midnight...(NOT SEPTEMBER 29th!!!) hint, hint...can't wait to see you Sunday! Have a great wedding, sing your heart out...cause you won't be doing it at my wedding! Hi MIKE..see you soon buddy!

becca said...

one more thing, since everyone else is blogging, i decided that i should jump right on that band wagon! you can read mine at beccalj.blogspot.com MOM YOU CAN READ TOO! love you

becca said...

JOHN! that is not true! what am i gonna do with you...really... just cause rach is your favorite twin doesn't mean you need to turn her against me! geesh

Amy said...

Rach so glad you joined the blogging ring and we can catch up on your life now. I miss you. You need to come up soon for a visit and Bec and I need to come down sometime soon,maybe we'll bring John or maybe we'll have to make two trips! loveya