Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bragging

I was going through my computer to "clean out the clutter" so to speak, and I was putting a bunch of pictures onto my external hard drive, and when I usually do that, I tend to get all nostalgic and look through all my old pictures. While doing that this morning, I came across Norah's one week pictures, and I stopped at the pictures of Norah's quilt. And it prompted me to brag a little bit about my mother's quilting abilities, and that she has taken the time to make them for all three of her granddaughters.

mquilt
Makaela

norahquilt
Norah

H quilt
Harmony (better late than never)

All were made with love by their Grammie. :-) Thank you, mom! I know we will treasure them forever!

Makaela was lucky enough to have TWO quilts made for her. One was made by Mike's mom, and it's awesome! She is one lucky girl! As soon as Mak (or KayKay, or Kaylee, or Reesie- she's getting quite a few nicknames these days- wakes I'm going to try to get some pics of her on that quilt too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those truly are amazing! Since there are no current babies on the way, do you think your mama's bored? Cause if she is I have a massive T-shirt quilt started (8 years ago) and it's in desperate need of being finished!

Amy said...

3 granddaughters and a few other special little girls too. I LOVE the quilt she made for Grace, so honored to have one of the famous Freer quilts.

seanpritzkau said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becca said...

would it be pompus of me to say that mine is the best? yes? ok. then i won't say that mine is the best :)

Christina said...

I agree with Amy. Your mom is so amazingly talented and such a blessing! The quilt that she made for Maddie makes me smile everytime I see it.