Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bye Bye Mazda....

Alas our lease is up...

This is actually a very sad event for me. We've had our Mazda CX-7 for a little over 2 years now. We went out and leased it the same week we found out we were pregnant. It was what we considered a "family car". We loved it. Well, I loved it for the most part. For the first half of my pregnancy, the new car smell made me throw up. But other than that, it was an awesome vehicle.

It was the car that went on many road trips. We've jammed to many tunes, had tons of laughs, and on once particular trip with John and Becca, I almost peed my pants (I was preggers and John was being, well, John). Good times.

It was the car we brought Harmony home in. I think that's what is the saddest to me. I cherish those moments, those memories like gold.

Since we haven't sold our house in Pittsburgh yet, we need the extra money, so we decided to not extend the lease, and just be a one car family. I'm close enough to walk to work, and for Father's Day I got Mike a road bike, so he will ride that to work on some days too. I'm not to worried or stressed about it, but time will tell when we find it too difficult.

Farewell old friend.


Harmony helping me clean out the car


She helped me wipe off the seats too.


Wanting to wash the mats herself


But then found it much more amusing to play in the puddles


I recommend this car to anyone!

3 comments:

Beth said...

OK, that outfit, that you have Harmony in? It should be illegal, it is so cute. Not to mention the hairband!

Oh wait, was this a post about a car? Sorry, lost focus... :)

Rachel said...

I got it at Carters, $2.99! Gotta love bargains!

Amy Will said...

My first car was a Mazda and I've always been partial :-)