Saturday, July 14, 2007

Her First Picture!




I can tell you right now that our little girl doesn't like getting her picture taken because we had to work HARD just to get this one!

We went in last Tuesday for our second ultrasound because the first time she was on her belly and they couldn't get any measurments for her face. The moment they got her on the screen we knew that it was going to take a while. She had her legs and feet in front of her face- the ONE place we needed to see. So they moved me onto my left side to try to get her to shift, but the thing that stunk about that was I could no longer see the screen. All I could do was watch mike ohh and ahh while i begged him to give me a play by play. But all he kept saying was, "wow, look at her" or "Rach, how cool was that?" Thanks, Mike. Every time I tried to look over my shoulder to catch a peek at what he was gushing about, i would be told to stop moving. SO frustrating. She finally got so tired of being poked and prodded that she arched her back and stretched out (so Mike says) and started to suck her thumb. And that is what she is doing in the picture. For those of you who haven't seen ultrasound photos before, our doctor has handy labels it for you. All you see is her profile and hand. I want to point out the obivious Freer nose that she has! Look at that thing! Thanks dad for passing on the genes!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Rach...she's beautiful! Since it was a detailed picture of her upper half...is there still any hope for a boy?? haha, just kidding. I love Kerry Ann (?) just as much as I would love a Isaac Stephen! Call me soon! I love you!

The Barretts said...

Awww! How awesome is that? Isn't' it amazing!? We have a pic of Naomi that's very similar. She was sucking her thumb too...I thought it meant she would be a thumb sucker, but nope.

Amy said...

Amazing! I don't know how anyone can look at that and not be in awe of our creator. Love you and can't wait to see you next weekend

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, a kid that is half Mike and half you wouldn't cooperate. Funniest thing, wouldn't have guessed that...

I echo Amy's thought, glad you're coming up this weekend, but I can't wait until later in the summer when you bring your body guard too!

becca said...

big nose you say? excellent. one step closer to this baby girl looking like me.

Lina said...

Rachel, you look amazing! You are so cute and you look like motherhood already is treating you well. I love you and take care of yourself.

Tiffany said...

Rachie, She is adorable. I am so excited for you and Mike. Seeing her makes it so much more real doesn't it. She is just perfect. We have a picture of Chase that is very similar except he didn't quite get his thumb to his mouth for the pic. When he was born we found out he must have sucked his tongue while in utero. What a blessing she is! I can't wait to talk to you.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.