Friday, July 27, 2007

Farwell Old Friend....

This week I offically went part time at work because of all the travelling I have to do for my wedding phototgraphy, so I only work Tuesday-Thursday. This weekend I don't have a wedding, so I spent a lazy morning in bed, and in the afternoon I ran a bunch of errands and had a photo shoot with a friend.

While I was running errands at our mall, my beloved video ipod AND the car charger were stolen from my car! I couldn't believe it! The car was locked- i made sure of it because I had my camera in the trunk and I always get nervous. BUT my mistake was that I left the passenger window open about 3 or 4 inches (obiviously a big enough crack for an arm to get through). I was in the mall MAYBE 10 minutes! I was in complete shock that I just sat there for about 5 minutes with my head in my hands trying to figure out what to do next. Should I call the police? Get mall security? I had no clue. I called Mike, who was golfing so he didn't answer (and as I write this I still haven't gotten ahold of him.... did I mention that it was HIS ipod?). So i called my dad next to see what he thought I should do. He said that the police couldn't do anything, but that maybe our home owners insurance would cover it. So once I talk to Mike ( and hopefully I'll still be married after I tell him) we'll figure out if we are going to be replacing it or not.

I'm so sad.... I loved that thing. I had many hours of listening enjoyment (and watching The Office) on that thing. We don't have a cd player in the Passat, so the ipod served as that. PLUS we had an ipod dock in our house where we used it ALL the time.

Sigh.....

8 comments:

Ashley said...

awww, rach, that sucks! i'm so sorry. hopefully i can catch you one of these weekends!

Anonymous said...

Rach, that really sucks. What I loved about this story though is you did the SAME thing Amy would have done.

1) Call your husband
2) Call your dad

Amy figures that most problems can be fixed and solved with that formula.

I'm sure Mike still loves you...or he will love you again after a while.

Anonymous said...

Good morning hon....never did get ahold of you last night again. I also am sorry that you lost the iPod - I know how much you girls depend on that for your entertainment! ....also hope that one of your insurances can at least replace the iPod and charger! How are you feeling? It is so good to be home! Hope to talk to you soon. Love, Mom

Amy said...

Before John and I were even dating it was
1. Call Dad
2. Call John

Then John and my husband became the same person... weird.

Bummer about your ipod,hopefully you can get a new one. Too bad Becca didn't leave the car window down a crack.... hahahaha!

Rachel said...

HA! That was a good one Amy! Poor Becca- she will never live that down!

becca said...

amy rebekah! shame shame shame! just to set the record straight, i lock things IN the car of value... and then i can't even get to them...

The Barretts said...

That stinks!

Anonymous said...

http://www.rit.edu/~960www/contact/areahotels.php3

Hotel information that you requested...I don't know your email address any more.