Sunday, March 26, 2006

So Much to Tell!

I finally have some time to sit down and catch up on my blogging.... I know what your thinking. How is it that someone who has no job and no kids NOT have time to write. Well, the answer is simple, really: We own a home. As I've mentioned a few times before, we closed last Friday, and since that day Mike and I have become absorbed in getting the house ready so we can move in. We are literally out at the house morning, noon, and night trying to get as much done as possible on the main floor and second floor, so we can concentrate on the getting the basement finished in the coming weeks. The couple who lived there before us were very eccentric in their colors, so we have spent most of our time painting all the rooms- a task that I thought would take weeks, but has actually gone pretty fast. The entire main floor is done: the living room, the entry way, the kitchen, and the dining room. Mike and I spent hours trying to find the perfect colors to paint the rooms, and eventually called up a friend of ours to come over and help because we were getting no where. She had such a good eye for it, and we are really happy with the outcome. We've been so blessed because we've had so many people come out and help us with the painting. Almost every night someone has been over, and it has made it so much fun, and so much easier!

I'll be sure to post pictures soon of the progress!


But on to other news.... it's been so long since I've posted, I just have so much to tell!



The most important and exciting news first.

Yours truly (that's me) is a bonified LIMBO CHAMP. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Champ. Not honorable mention, not second place, but CHAMP. When I went up to Rochester for the wedding a few weekends ago, I got the chance to go to a party at my old stomping grounds at Pearce 4 Kids. It was a staff party, and although I'm not a staff person anymore, I got to go as Becca's date. We ate, played games, found out that Oklahoma and Tennessee are two very different states (it's a long, embarrassing story that I care not to tell), we built castles (John and mine's group won, thank you very much), and played Limbo. Now I'd like to mention that there were kids playing also. Kids who were much shorter than me, and I STILL beat them. Just ask Becca, John, and Amy-you would have thought I won the lottery! I was so excited! I never win anything! After the party I called up my friend Rich and told him, and you know what he said!?! "I thought you were like, the most uncoordinated person ever." WHAT!?! I would like to know who exactly told him that so I could challenge them to a duel. A LIMBO duel, and then we'll see who's callin' who uncoordinated! Foolishness I say!


On to more substantial news...and let's just face it- MUCH more exciting than my last news!

I'm a kinda sorta-very distantly an AUNT! Woo hoo! My cousins Jamin and Sara had a beautiful baby girl named Naomi Elizabeth Barret, and she is PERFECT! I'm very glad that Sara is a fellow blogger, and faithful in keeping us updated on how she is doing. I can't wait to hold her, and shower her with kisses!!!! Miss you, Sara!!!


Now this is one of the more adorable tidbits of information that I found out when I went to Rochester. John- Mr. Like a Rock, never shows emotion, cried at my wedding! AWWWW! Amy told me when Becca and I went out to dinner with her, and I thought it was so adorable! He's TOTALLY going to kill me for writing this on my blog, but he'll get over it and love me anyway! I kept bringing it up at dinner, wanting to know all the details- were there tears, when in the ceremony did he cry, I wanted to know everything!! So adorable! And I promise John, in return I will be sure to cry at your wedding. For sure.


Mike and I have decided that we aren't going to move in to our house until the weekend after Easter because Mike is just way too swamped at work to be living out of boxes at the new place. We have 14 services at Crossroads that weekend, and Mike has to oversee it all. I can't even IMAGINE how hectic life will be for him. But it's awesome that we'll have so many people coming through the church doors, hearing the gospel! It will be crazy, but exciting!


Mike just came home with a new DVD player and surround sound system because the one we have right now is AWFUL. We have to beat the DVD player to get it to work. I'm not kidding. We literally have to hit it for it to work. That's a sure sign that we need a new one.

Time to have date night with my man!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Rach you are too funny, i laughed out loud when I read the champ thing, I was bracing myself for the big news and then died laughing. I have a picture of you limboing if you want it for your blog.

I am so excited about the house I cant wait to see pictures and to stay there!!! It was amazing to see you two weeks ago and I miss you terribly already, loveya babe

ps. you'll be bawling through our wedding, hopefully not your singing parts though :)

Unknown said...

Rach, i can TOTALLY see you after the limbo contest jumping around shoving it back in the kids faces, not caring if you provoked a tear or two!! Does limbo require THAT much coordination? I mean there's not much hand-eye coordination like in racquetball or foot-eye coordination like soccer...but I'll give you the props you deserve. As i recall you can hold your own during limbo on roller skates as well...

I can't wait to see the house, since i know what the wall colors are and what your funiture looks like (just call me your personal interior decorator) just give me a call and i'll come down!

Check you later babe...and John i think everyone shed a tear at Rachel's wedding...everyone EXCEPT rachel...

Rachel said...

John- are you saying what I think your saying!? I'm no longer your FF?! Or am I just on probation or something!

You know you LOVE when I mention you in my blog!!! We're not fighting....





are we? no... you love me too much to be mad.

becca said...

rachel...apparently you need to be re-intoduced to john...he is still mad over the baby jar thing we tried to pull...remember that. BIG MISTAKE! he will hold this over your head FOREVER! When i first read your blog and i read that part, i said out loud "oh rach..what where you thinking"

can't wait to see the house

a NEW DVD PLAYER...what are you guys MADE of money...

anyway...love you. glad the picture made it ok. i want to see more of yours too...let me know if you need me to do anything else with them

Rachel said...

DVD players go for what- $30-$50 bucks...big spenders we are!

I totally forgot about the baby incident!! Good times, good times. No wonder John didn't let us work in the same room for too long!

The Barretts said...

Yay! An update :) I can't wait to see some pics of your place with the new paint job!

Oh, and congrats on being the CHAMP in limbo!!

becca said...

yeah...so a dvd player is cheep, EXCEPT when you buy a 37" plasma TV to go with it....

john...i like you MOST Of the time...but sometimes...i don't. but i get over it fast! :)

Rachel said...

John-
1. We're not fighting. You love me and you know it.
2. If I'm not your FF, then why should you and Amy be my favorite couple (sorry Amy that you have to get roped into this)?
3. We didn't get a plasma TV. It's LCD. So ha.
4. Our friends make a lot of money, and they love to bless people. They don't buy our friendship. If you met them, you would LOVE them.
5. We're going to pay for half of it because no one should give us that expensive of a house warming gift. Plus you know that you'll enjoy it when you come down to visit! (when will that be anyway?)
6. I'm your FF, and I always will be. you're in denial. You like that i exposed your sensitive side. PLUS, you wrote on YOUR blog that you cry at sports clips. So you can't be mad....and you aren't.
7. We're not fighting.
8. Becca's got a big mouth!


you love me too much. :-)
Plus if you forgive me and give me my #1 status back, you and Amy will be my fav. hangout couple.

Your call.

becca said...

what do you mean i have a big mouth.....at least i am the FF! HA!