Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pics from the weekend

Wedding picture time!!! This past weekend Becca and I took pictures for Laura and Noel (otherwise known as Ken and Barbie because they are way too pretty for their own good). I posted a few for you to see. And hopefully Becca will post some of her own because I truly think she got better shots than me!!! She really has an eye for it! We both have very different ways of capturing the same shot, and I thought we made a great team! Enjoy!



This is one of the first shots of the day (they got bride and groom shots before the wedding), and they were still a bit shy of the camera. But honestly no shot is bad if these two are in it!




Becca and I had a system where she would run ahead of the couple and take pictures from there, and I would follow them. Hense the many butt shots that I have! but I thought that this one was very simple and touching.




The property that we took pictures on was AMAZING, and I loved all the bare trees around. I thought it added a lot of depth and creativity to the pictures.




This tree was so georgeous, and I had to get a picture of it. I had enough close up pictures of the couple, and I thought I would bring some of the surroundings into the shot.




During the lighting of the unity candle, Jennifer Hopper sang a beautiful song that she wrote. I actually didn't take many shots while she sang because I was so focused on the words Jenny was singing. She did an AMAZING job, and I just had to capture the words in a photo.




I had a blast at this wedding, and I was so glad to be there, and be part of Laura and Noel's day. I know God is going to bless their marriage in so many ways!

7 comments:

becca said...

i will post my pictures asap! i will also send you the disk soon. i am just about done. the pictures are beautiful rach. i think you should move back up here and start your business with ME!

Anonymous said...

what? no mention of me? Ahh, I will accept my status.
Great to see ya Rach!

Amy said...

I want to see more pictures!! Cant wait till its my wedding you're taking picturs at. It was SOO good to see you

Anonymous said...

Rachel....so nice to see some of the pictures - agree, a beautiful couple. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures and the ones from Becca. I agree with Becca -- y'all should start a business!! (actually, should base your business out of Allegany???? - can't blame me for trying!!??) You 2 know each other's thoughts so well, I'm not surprised you worked well together. Excited about your closing tomorrow Rachel - be sure to keep me updated if you are successful with a job too!! Wish we could be there and see you house VERY SOON! love you, Mom

Amy said...

When you say our to someone that is not the other person that makes up the "our" then it sounds like i am marrying Rachel or Rachel and I are having a wedding

becca said...

JOHN...must you tell the whole world that OCCASIONALLY i say your name instead of denis... it means NOTHING! geepers

The Barretts said...

Beautiful pics...I love looking at wedding pictures...

You girls are so talented!