Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Alright, Alright, I'll Write, I'll Write

Before I get chastised by all my friends and family, I better write something new! All I've got to say before I move on is that ya'll are pushy! Becca writes about as often as she cooks, and she doesn't get any lip! Come on, people!

Moving on....

So I have some interesting news. It has come to my attention that I have a blog stalker. I've traced this back to a town in New Jersey where a certain former bridesmaid of mine resides with her hubby. The situation is this: she oh so frequently checks blogs (mine being one of them....obiviously) and never takes the time to comment. Now she is a very smart and clever girl, and is very capable of witty remarks, but yet chooses not to.... I wonder why? So this goes out to my beautiful blog stalker, and to anyone else out there who may be stalking me.... let me know you're there!


Now I know that I've seen my fair share of crappy movies (as John so lovingly pointed out). Movies such as Zathura, The Pink Panther, The Brothers Grimm, and some may disagree with me, but I dare even say that Munich is on that list (way too bloody for me). BUT, I have redeemed myself, for I have seen one of the most enchanting and magical movies I have ever seen since Sleepless in Seattle. And all of you (and I mean all you men too) HAVE to see it! Pride and Prejudice is the movie I am speaking of, and it is amazing. I've read the book, but I think that anyone who hasn't can still appreciate the movie. I now want to change my future son's name from Kemper to Darcy, because he is by far the best character to ever grace the pages of a book, and the big screen. AND I'll get no lip from all you Kemper-haters!



So I have a favor to ask of all of you. I want to start my own photography business, and I need a name. I don't want to be boring and just use my name (plus after all the fiascos I've had to deal with because of my name, I find it wise not to do so), so I have to be creative. I want the name to be elegant, not cheesy or overly modern. It will primarily be wedding photography, but I hope to snag some studio space from a friend of mine, to do some senior pictures and engagement pics. So the name can't solely be about weddings. I would love to hear some of your ideas!



My entire family LOVES the show 24. I felt very left out, so this January I decided to start watching the show, and now I'm just as addicted to it as the rest of them. Here's the thing- I have small group for my church on Monday's, and it lasts till 9, so I've had to start taping it. It's not as much fun because I can't call my parents during commercials and chat about the show. At first I just called them on my way home from small group so they can catch me up on the first 20 minutes, but was still missing out on half the show. So last night there was a 2 hour special, and I TOTALLY forgot to tape the first half! I'm so DENSE! So mom, please call me and tell me about the first half of the show so I can watch the second half!!! THANKS!



Two weekends ago my sister and I, along with our best friend, Jaime took our annual trip to Circle C Ranch for the weekend. We've been doing this since college, and I look forward to it every year. But this year was a little different, for a couple of reasons. First, is that we didn't actually work. Every one who helps out for the weekend gets put on a schedule, and you have different jobs all weekend. You help out with things such as preparing meals, serving at meals, cleaning, working the counter at Miss Kate's Place (and so John can't make an obscene joke here, working the counter means selling candy, popcorn, drinks, etc at the game room). But this year we didn't pinpoint down a weekend in time to make it onto the schedule, therefore making the weekend more of a hangout time for all of us. And this actually worked out because there we a lot of friends there that Jaime and I had worked with the summer we were counselors. So we were able to spend more time with them...that and we didn't have to get up early to toast 300 slices of toast...big plus.
But I tell ya, it was like I was transported back to the summer of 2001, and we all spent hours and hours just reminiscing about old times, and it was just so much fun. It was also quite amusing that Becca new almost nothing about what we were talking about...take that Miss. I've been in 11 zillion weddings! Ok, enough razzing on Bec... but the weekend was awesome, and I'll be sure to post some pics of the weekend soon. And Rich, if you're out there, don't be a blog stalker, and comment!



I'm heading up to Rochester to shoot another wedding this weekend, and I'm so excited because I get to see all my Ra Cha Cha friends again, and it's been way too long since I've seen them. And Amy- we'll have to get in plenty of wedding chat so i feel in the loop. So watch out Rochester, the good twin is coming to your town! (Sorry Bec, had to put that last jab in!) You love me!

Blessings to you all....and Sara- could you please have that baby already!

11 comments:

The Barretts said...

Hey Rachel...glad to see an update!

And as far as Baby Barrett..I'll see what I can do! :)

becca said...

why do you hate me...bye

becca said...

just kidding...well kinda...but anyway. Enough of the cooking jokes there missy!!!! snot... great blog, laughed out loud alot.

i can't wait to see pride and predudice! i think that amy and i are watching it tomorrow night.

if you haven't watched 24 yet, don't read by blog, k....

love the name darcy....

hate the name kemper....

the good twin is already in town...

enough about the weddings already, i guess i am just a really good friend...or just cute in a dress. or both....

love you

can't wait to see you friday!

Rachel said...

John- I was actully thinking about the name "A thousand words" last night! How funny. I guess what they say about great minds is true!

And Darcy TOTALLY isn't a girls name!

And you KNOW you would have made a joke about "working the counter" if I hadn't called you out on it!


Bec- the good sister will be in town friday, and you know it! The LEAST you can do is let me be the good twin- you already have the title "the better friend twin" and not "look better in a dress twin" cuz i totally look cute in a dress too! hehehe... and Amy, all this bridesmaid banter is not here to make you feel guilty for not putting me in your wedding. But if it was...is it working? LOVE YOU!

Rachel said...

Again, it's so funny you say that beause Mike was just talking about how he helped you choose your official title at the chruch, and he is asking for royalties....so let's make a deal- we won't make you pay up if you don't make us? EVEN THOUGH i really was thinking about the name last night!!! FOR REAL! But I'll let you think you're the clever one. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi honey.....now girls, play nice - Mom will have to stand you in a corner - or something! It was so nice to hear of your happenings - and I am so excited for you for the weekend. Take some nice pictures! Have a safe trip - should be a lovely weekend to travel - and for a weekend. Hey, I could never remember all that went on in 24!! This old mind is trying to keep up with 2 seasons - finally finished the season Dad got for Christmas a couple of nights ago! How was Mike's conference? Sleeping better? eh?? Love to you both, Mom

Anonymous said...

How about "Bells n' Tasells Photo." If you want a website, go to www.kfrcommunications.com, they are the ones that did my logo and website. It's the company Andrew Giulous works for and are Christians so you won't get scammed.
About the names for the kids. Kemper and Darcy are cool if your kid is going to be 6'5" and 240lbs, with the ability to defend himself. But with the combination of you and Mike, that ain't going to happen. You have to remember little kids are the meanest people alive, they can take anything and turn it against you, even names that appear to be cool.

KP

Amy said...

My dad had a girl on his basketball team named Darcey and she was pretty butch. I cant say that I have good associations with that name especially as a guys name.

I cant wait to see the movie tomorrow night with Bec. I wish you were coming up for Thursday night tv, I cant wait to see you,

And yes I feel a little convicted about not having you in my wedding but you will be a HUGE part of the day and right there with all of us and if Bec gets pregnant you're her stand in! Plus you're the one who moved away from me! see you soon, love you

Anonymous said...

Rachel - See you finally made a post, so now I read it, and I am not a blog stalker. So there!
Also, Becca, I think I have a bag of yours from Circle C in the trunk of my car, missing anything?
Pride and Predjudice is a FANTASTIC movie, I loved every touchy feely minute of it, so heartwarming, real, tender, I think it was the greatest movie of all time. Ranks right up there with my other favorites "Emma" and "Sense and Sensibility" and even "Sweet HAM Alabama" I am not sure I could exist without this genre of film.

SEE YA!
~RICH NESTLEN

Rachel said...

HI RICH! For those of you who don't know Rich, I worked with him at Circle C, and he is prolly one of the sweetest guys ever! Rich, I love that you watch romantic movies! HOW R YOU NOT MARRIED?!?!?!

I'm going to be in Rochester this weekend! We should do lunch or something! Gotta get that bag back too. Jaime has your #, so I'll be in touch.

Unknown said...

Rach,
Whatever the name of your photography business i think there should be a 9 in it, just so you can think of me all the time! You know that i'll be your right hand gal whenever you need another shooter! I'll also create your logo for you free of charge!

Can i also just put in that I'm TOTALLY jealous about not being able to shoot the wedding this weekend...if i wasn't in Florida right now i'd totally be bummed!

Darcy does seem like a girls name, but maybe you can start using it like a unisex name like Jaime...I'll love him no matter what!

Becca...just give into the cooking jokes, you know they're based on the truth!

Rich...i'm not sure if you will check this blog again and read more comments, but if you do, I'm sorry for whatever Rachel and Becca might say about me this weekend! Sorry i couldn't be there myself!!

It's been fun ladies and gentlemen, not as fun as holding a little baby alligator, but definately fun!

Jaime out! (Bec and Bucky that was for you!)