Monday, November 28, 2005

An update from the good twin (hehe...luv you Becca!)

For some odd and annoying reason, my blog is being stupid, and not downloading pictures from Nanette and Gabe's wedding. Grr... but you can see some at Becca and Jamie's blogs. Once my computer stops being dumb, I'll post some of my own.

Anyhoo-

I haven't written in a while, so I'll catch you all up to speed. I went to work on Monday with a small ache in my tooth, and over the course of the day, it grew into a full fledged throbbing in my mouth. It was UNBELIEVABLY painful, and I had to call Mike to bring me medicine.

Work called me off the next day because they weren't busy, so I spent all day trying to find a dentist that would take my insurance. FINALLY, after about 12 tries, someone gave me an appointment. Comes to find out I have a sizeable infection in my mouth, and I need a root canal. Yuck. They can't take me for a couple of weeks, so they gave me pain killers and antibiotics. That night my face swelled up to the point where I looked like I had a golf ball in my mouth. It scared the snot out of me, so I called my dentist as soon as I got up and left a message telling them that I need to come in ASAP. I had to work that day, so I went in and opened the studio, and called my manager and told her what was going on. So she let me off, and I went home and waited until the dentist to call me. They finally did, and they told me that I had to wait 48 hours for the antibiotics to work, and until then, I needed to up my dosage of painkillers.

Finally, on Saturday, the swelling was gone, and I could function like a human being again.

As for work, I didn't go in on Friday (which was suppose to be my last day). Mike and I stayed in NY for a day longer, and we had the most WONDERFUL time home. My mom made the best thanksgiving dinner, and got to spend lots of time with my older sis and my brother. My mom and I spent the day on Friday shopping, and it was so fun. It actually wasn't too busy in the stores...thankfully!

Sooooo....
This weekend was the first time that I sang on the worship team at Crossroads. It was tiring but fun. Mike and I had a lot of fun ministering together again, and we'll slowly start putting me into the rotation. Sunday night Mike and I put on some Christmas music and put up our tree together. We had so much fun. This was the first time we put it up together, and I want to start making it a tradition.


So that brings us to today where I've spend the day cleaning, and getting ready for small group tonight. I have a huge list of things that I need to get done this week, and I've been trying to cram in all in today. But then I realized that I don't have to work this week, and I have lots of time!!! So I sit here with my warm cup of hot chocolate and my lap top, taking a breath, and looking forward to the weekend when my sissy comes down!!!!!! YAY!!!!

So I hope that all of you are doing well! Oh, and John, Amy, Christy, and Jamie- I need to know what you want for Christmas!!!!!

Peace Out!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey babe-i'm so jealous that you get to sit around and decorate at your own pace...i just hope that you get healthy and stay healthy for more than a week at a time! I'm glad that you and Mike get to spend some QT together both ministering and at home. As for me and Christmas...you know I like surprises, but you and me also have a photographic interest in common so anything camera orientated should work like a book or a how-to something or other. I love you and miss you already. Have a great week!

Amy said...

Miss you so much! I am gonna try to call you tonight, I called you the other day but I am sure the weekend was busy. I'll fill you in on all the dress happenings. Can't wait till you come up again. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and a cancellation in the dentists scheduling.

Unknown said...

oh, ps rach...you spelled my name wrong in the blog. ;)

becca said...

i can't wait to see you this weekend! i will bring pictures from cb's wedding, they didn't come out all that great though...maybe i can save a few... see you later gator

Anonymous said...

Hi honey....glad to hear you are feeling better. I know you and Mike will enjoy having the many talents of Denis and Becca for the weekend!! I'd love to be there too!! You keeping busy now that you're a 'lady of leisure'?? Have a great day and love to read what's going on with you. love, Mom

Rachel said...

I'm sure we'll be able to arrange that, John!!! Do you want us to wear bows and everything? hehehe

Cameron said...

hey rachie...
hope things are going well. I miss you and the bad twin a ton. I was wondering...did you get a pic of when your face looked like it has a golf ball in it? That'd be great. jk. hope all is well.

Rachel said...

I like adding "ie's" on people's names. I already have so many people who have it....Amy, Jaime, Christy, Aimee, Marcy...the list goes on! Maybe I'll start calling you Johnny! I'm sure you'd love that.

Rachel said...

oh, John....so dramatic!

becca said...

john, you never cease to amaze me with your whitty comments... so funny

Rachel said...

no,no,no....Becca's black, not me. Get it right, Jonny.




Ha Ha

becca said...

rachel, i am so sick of reading this blog....POST SOMETHING NEW ALREADY!!!! youre a smart girl, i am sure you will think of something good....