Friday, February 15, 2008

Harmony's First Valentine...




This picture is what Mike was greeted with when he got home from work yesterday. I printed it off, and taped it to our front door so it would be the first thing he saw when he got out of his car. He had called me earlier and asked Harmony and I to be his valentine (how sweet is that!), so I dressed Harmony up in her little outfit covered in hearts, and took some cute pictures of her for her very first Valentine.

I wanted to do something nice for Mike because the poor guy is so sick (has a sinus infection, bronchitis, and asthma) and so stressed at work, so I decided NOT to go out since A) we have harmony, and B) I did not want to deal with the crowds, so i prepared his favorite meal (beef and broccoli stir-fry), his favorite dessert (chocolate covered strawberries), and his got favorite wine. How good of a wife am I? Thank you, thank you.

The only thing that spoiled the evening was having worship rehearsal, which meant that we had to take Harmony her babysitter, Amara... but she said she was very well behaved (which that isn't always the case in the evenings), and that made me feel much better. We got home at around 10:00, and we snuggled in bed as a family (along with Kemper) and it was very special.

She is just turning into this beautiful, sweet spirited, happy little girl whom we fall in love with more and more every day. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW STINKIN CUTE IS SHE!?!?!?!?

Wow...I want her to be my valentine too!

I can't wait to really hang out with her and take silly pictures!

Love you all!

Amy said...

That picture is the cutest thing ever. It was so nice to talk to you the other night. Glad you had a goodnight, and you are a great wife, I'd take you! Haha

becca said...

cutest little girl ever. have more babies please. you are pretty good at it...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I tried to print it off but couldn't get it to work - so will have to get Dad to check it out at home. Such a precious little girl - and no, don't listen to Becca; enjoy this little one before you rush into another baby no matter how special they are! K? Love you all - and hope Mike is feeling better soon! Love, Mom

becca said...

don't listen to mom. she had two at the same time! and had a toddler. yeah..don't listen to mom :)

The Barretts said...

That girl is ADORABLE! What a nice Valentine's Day!

I wish you were closer to take some pics of our babe!

Bethany said...

OH MYYYYYY....SO ADORABLE!! Picture perfect in fact! :)

Aimee said...

Such a beautiful girl! That face is just priceless :) Glad you guys enjoyed your day yesterday. Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute CUTE!!!! She's so adorable I wanna just hold her. I love the little hearts. And what a great wife you are! pfft. Ben did all the romantic stuff around here... even breakfast! Can't wait to meet this baby, although she will probably be talking by then. :)
<3 Bayley

My name is Heather. said...

gorgeous...and i can't wait to hold her again. when you coming back up here?