Thursday, February 28, 2008

a couple more updates

I was talking with my Amy's (Amy Keller and Aimee Dehaven) yesterday, and I realized that I need to keep up with my Harmony posts a little more often. I sometimes forget that not everyone gets to see her grow and learn new things as much as me, and that must be hard for some of you. So I am promising you all that I will write much more often to let you know what is going on with us.

Harmony is officially a rolling-over fanatic! Belly time is impossible now because she will roll back onto her back in about 2 seconds! Yesterday i was giving her some belly time, and she actually pushed up her butt and was on all fours! I'm not ready for her to crawl yet! AH! Thankfully it lasted only a second, and she was back onto her belly, just where I want her!

She is beginning to be able to grab and hold onto things. Especially my hair! Now i know why so many moms chop it all off! But I bought a little floor jungle gym for her to entertain herself in, and she loves grabbing and tugging on the little animals. She giggles and squirms the whole time she is under it. It's nice for me too because I can actually get stuff done while she is awake now, which is very very nice.

Harmony has been a little out of sorts this past week, and i've had a difficult time trying to figure out what it is. So i got online and researched her symptoms, and I am almost positive that she is teething! Already!? Now I'm not positive, and I will be asking the doctor about it on Monday when we go for her weight check. Harmony is a little on the small side (the 10-15th percentile) so I have to go in and make sure she is consistently gaining. I'm going to guess that she is probably 11 pounds, which means she has gained 4 pounds in three months- sounds normal, right? I'll keep you posted.


I don't remember if I've ever mentioned this on my blog, but Harmony's all time favorite thing to do is get naked! When I put her on her changing table, she just giggles and smiles the whole time! So this morning I thought i would let her spend some time in her birthday suit. And of course, I had to document it! What kind of mom would I be if I didn't get some embarrassing naked pics of her to show her future husband!? Enjoy!




holds her head of very high now...


she looks a little cross-eyed, but she's still cute!

4 comments:

becca said...

thanks for the update! i loved the little video's you sent me yesterday! watched them dozens of time. Denis thinks i have an unhealthy obsession with her...i call it love:)

I LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU!

Amy said...

She looks so curious in that first picture, like mom what the heck are you doing. Thanks for your update and it was sooo nice to talk to you for awhile yesterday. love you!

Anonymous said...

So precious honey.....that little lady can melt any heart! Will be anxious to see how the dr appt goes on Monday - and how much she weight. She is little, yes, but such a nice proportion for her little features!! ..not that she has many genes for a BIG person!? eh? And hope those teeth don't pop out TOO fast! My gosh, she is growing up fast enough as it is! Love, Grammie

Aimee said...

Hahaha... did your mom just bust on you and Mike??! It was so great chatting with you the other day. I love these pictures, and the videos you sent - I'm showing them to everyone!!! On another note, I think we should be called "the Aimee's" - but I won't hold my breath ;) Miss you and love you!!!