Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Three Weeks!

I can't believe that my little girl is 3 weeks old!!! She gets bigger and bigger everyday!

I was laying in my bed this morning with Harmony, and I realized that I never officially told the story as to why we chose the name Harmony. So here's the scoop:

Back when Mike and I were dating, Mike wrote me a poem for Valentine's Day called "The Sound I Have Waited For", and the poem said that I was "The harmony to his melody" and how together we made a beautiful song. Later he took that poem and wrote me a song for the night he proposed. The bridge to that song says this:

And as we get older
And our steps are slower
Harmony will grow stronger
We will sing the same tune


Harmony is another part in our love song- and she makes it so much richer and beautiful than I ever imagined. We love her more and more every day, and are truly is awe of the life we made!

So there you have it- the reason she is named Harmony. Her middle name is Joy, after Mike's sister, Alyson Joy.

So-
This week Harmony had her first official bath! Her belly button is finally healed, and we no longer had to give her sponge baths. I was a little nervous about doing it on my own, and since I didn't have my mom in close proximity, I called on her pseudo grandma, Linda Cordle, who is my pastor's wife. She came over, showed me the ropes, and Harmony did awesome. She really didn't know what to think of it, but she didn't cry at all. She scowled, as you can see in the pictures, but no tears were shed.

Doesn't she look so big!




Not really sure what she thinks about this whole bath thing...



She looks like mike when she scowls like that!



All clean and warm again. Big girl!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

John would scream the entire time he had his clothes off, so his baths were really fun!

Unknown said...

And, your Harmony is precious!

Anonymous said...

Hi honey.....so cute!! Harmony looks so befuddled (??) - and her scoul still looks so much like her Dad! She has a tummy on her too - doesn't look like any underfed baby to me! She is so precious!! Can't wait to have you guys visit for a few days at Christmas! Love, Grammie Freer

Ashley said...

she IS getting so big! so beautiful.

becca said...

she's fat
she's a fatty!...hahahaha

she is getting so big though! i miss her so much

Anonymous said...

Mike doesn't scoul like that...Becca does.

The Barretts said...

She looks like Mike in that picture! She's getting big; keep up the good work :)

Amy said...

she's gonna love the nude pictures someday... already posing nude on the internet, she is her fathers daughter

Amy said...

she's gonna love the nude pictures someday... already posing nude on the internet, she is her fathers daughter

Carrie said...

She is so adorable! What a good girl in the bath! Addison used to not mind the bath part, but getting her out... oh what a nightmare. the screams - oh how they came!

hey I have been meaning to ask you.. Did you ever get that package I sent? I sent it out a few weeks ago, and just wanted to make sure it made it!

Aimee said...

We can't wait to meet her this Friday!! And I'm glad she made it through her first bath :) Hannah LOVES being in the bath - she just coos and smiles, it's so cute. I'll have to send you the link to a couple video clips of her. We're SO excited to see you guys in a couple days. LOVE YOU 3!!!!