Friday, November 30, 2007

The road to recovery

Recovering from a C-Section is no fun! It's been 10 days since Harmony was born, and I still am having trouble even getting out of bed, let alone take care of a newborn. I've been so lucky to have a husband who loves to serve me, and a mom who is able to give me so much advice about being a new mom. But it's been really frustrating to not even be able to pick her up from her bassinet, or get up at night to change her diaper. I'm trying hard to get up and move around everyday, but my incision hurts so bad. I actually went to the doctors today because I was afraid i had an infection. But they checked me out and said it all looks great. They said that i just have to take it slow, and that i won't feel like myself for about 6 weeks. That seems like forever!!!!!! Please pray for a fast recovery so i can start feeling like a mom!

Mom and I have been trying to get as many pictures of Harmony as possible while she is here, and i thought i'd share some with you.





10 comments:

Aimee said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures, Rach :) Harmony is so perfect!! I'm praying that you recover quickly so you can take full advantage of being a mommy. I LOVE YOU!

Amy said...

She is such a Shipman! We are praying for you and that each day brings more strength. Love you

Ashley said...

she is just amazing rach. i have no words.

Unknown said...

Glad to finally see some more pics...let me know if you need a new face there to wait on you hand and foot!

Carrie said...

she is so precious rachel. I have a feeling you are going to get really good at this baby photography stuff! Great pictures.

praying for an extra bit of strength and comfort today.

love you!

The Barretts said...

Beautiful pictures! (of course!) She is such a beauty!

I hope that you feel a little bit better everyday.

My name is Heather. said...

Keep posting. I think your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to meet her and see you again. Take it slow. Remember they used to teach slow and steady wins the race. Don't push yourself, and before you know if you will be praying you have more time to lay still and be waited on...love ya!

Anonymous said...

She looks great Rach...glad to hear you're recovering more and more. I agree with Amy that the couch picture wins the cutest of this batch award.

And just show you now, I think you're required by law to refer to your mom as grandma and yourself as mom.

becca said...

that last picture is my favorite picture in the entire world. i am so in love with her. i just cannot imagine the love a mother has for their child when i, just being an aunt, am unable to express my love for that baby. kiss her face for me and let her know how much i love her...

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely perfect. I love the pics. We will keep praying for a quick recovery for you Rach.