Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Last Bump Update....hopefully.



I'm officially 39 weeks today!! Becca MADE me get a bump pic for you to see. I thought it woud be fun to remember what my very first bump pic looked like.


Oh to be skinny again....

On with the update....

1. As of the last doctor appointment, baby and I are doing very well. We're both healthy and "on track" as they love to tell me. What that means, I have no idea. They checked my cervix, and I'm not dilated, but it is thinning, which is what happens before you start to dilate. I go back on Friday to see if there has been any progression.
2. I've gained a total of 33 pounds. Not bad, not bad. Hoping to lose it quick! I'm sooooo tired of my maternity clothes. Even those are not fitting well since my belly is so big. I have two outfits that fit. Everything else I wear is Mike's.
3. Her room is officially done! My mom, dad, and my sis, Allison, came down a couple of weeks ago and we spent all day putting it together. Allison got all of her 0-3 month clothes washed and put away while mom and I figured out how to organize all of her things in the most effecient way. I seriously have SO MUCH STUFF! I have more clothes, more bibs, more blankets, and diapers that i have room for! How blessed am I!?! Becca BETTER have a girl first, that's all I have to say! I promise I'll post a finised pic soon.
4. Sleep has become a thing of the past for the Shipman home. We've tried everything. Sleeping separate, together, in the same room on different beds. We put pillows everywhere, and nothing really seems to help, I've tried sleeping sitting up, and it doesn't really work. I've actually become accustomed to it. Good thing, cuz when she comes I'm never going to sleep anyway! :-)
5. I'm officially done with work! Yay! It feels so nice to be at home- tho i feel like I'm as busy as ever with finishing editing all my weddings, tying up loose ends so we have everything ready when she comes. I'm also trying to help Mike as much as I can with work because he's got SO much on his plate for Christmas. I'm having this baby at a very inconvient time for our ministry! What can you do tho!
6. Everyone seems so be on high allert when I call. They automatically assume that I am in labor and calling them to give them the news. It's so funny to me. I called Becca today to get her address and she was freaking out that i had called her 2 times in 5 minutes. I even called Denis and (shock), he answered! I think he thought the same thing. I'm just letting you all know that i have a mass text message going out to most, if not all who read this to let you know when I'm in labor. So until you get that text, assume all is normal. This doesn't apply to you tho, mom. You will be getting a phone call. So keep in on you at ALL times!
7. I've been lucky to not have swollen ankles, but i have it in my hands. When I wake up in the morning i can barely bend my fingers. It takes about an hour for the pain to go away. If i go to hard or do too much during the day, I feel it in the evening. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for a couple months now. If anyone has any suggestions on how to eleviate the swolleness, I'm all ears.
8. I think Kemper has an idea of what's going on. He is at my side almost all the time, and he loves to be near my belly. It's so cute. He has been such a good puppy for us. We couldn't have asked for a better pet. Amy and John, you are totally doing the right thing by getting Beckett. I remember many people saying that getting a dog was a stupid decision, but I've NEVER regretted it since the day we got him!
9. The female body does CRAZY things while pregnant! Men, you may want to skip this point in my blog.
One day I can't stop going to the bathroom, adn the next day I'm so constipated I want to scream! I get terrible headaches when i wake up. I get heartburn like MAD in the evenings!! Isn't there an old wives tale that says a lot of heartburn means the baby will have a lot of hair? Well if that's true, then I expect a shoulder length bob on this girl's head! Braxton Hicks are in full force, and I am having a hard time knowing what is false labor and what is real. They say you'll just know, but I worry.
10. Lastly, I am so excited for this little girl to be in my arms, you don't even understand. Seriously, i think I'll be singing praises when those contractions start. When I do truly go into labor, I would love for all of you to be praying. Pray for a smooth delivery, pray for my family's travel on the way down, pray that Mike doesn't faint! And most of all, pray that she will be a strong, healthy, beautiful baby who is shaped like a bullet so she just slips out! HA! Kidding kidding..... kind of.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh rach! I was so happy to see an update to see how you were doing! I didn't want to ask because I know at this point you want to shoot anyone that asks "how ya feeling?!" AHHH. Anyways, you are here, at the end, finally. I am praying for you - My one last word of ADVICE (ok it may be controversial, but girl GET THE DRUGS!! They are soo goood.

LOVE YOU. Can't wait for the news.

Love,
Carrie

P.S. I am going TOMORROW to send out the gift I have had for you FOR WEEKS!!

Unknown said...

You're having a BABY!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Can't wait!...Glad I could see you one last time before she comes!

Love you and will be praying starting NOW!

becca said...

i love the bullet comment. don't say bullet around dad. it might confuse him with hunting season starting and all. whatever...

i can't wait to meet this sweet little lady. it is still so sureal to me that this is actually happening.

so from here until that baby comes, don't text me, just call. :)

Amy said...

You are too funny. I can't wait for you to have her, and then we can have a baby in the guest room up here! Love you, you're gonna do great. We'll be down there as soon as we can.

Anonymous said...

Hi hon.....I also can't wait!! You are looking wonderful, despite how you feel right now! Just continue to get your rest as much as you can! - get it while you can! I also love your comments; you were always so prolific! (sp?) Take care - and keep in touch. I think of you all the time! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

hey, i am so excited for you! i will be praying for you. my mom keeps me updated with all--- our mammas like to talk eh? hey, i have a card for you and baby if you email me your address. it is sthompson@gracebc.org

love ya cousin,
shira