Saturday, August 04, 2007

My poor baby....




Since Kemper is a hypo-allergenic dog, he has hair and not fur. So every 6-8 weeks we need to take Kemper in to get groomed. We like Kemper really fluffy and furry because he's so soft, so we waited a little longer (like 11 weeks) to take him in. Well, we waited TOO long because his hair was matted on his ears and feet. So the poor little guy had to be cut REALLY short. Usually they cut it so his hair is about and inch - inch and a half, but this time it's about a quarter of an inch. It's so wierd looking!

He is so timid now- it's like he feels exposed or something! But I never realized how tiny he really is! It's like having a whole new dog in he house!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little fella...he's probably acting timid, because he knows he looks hilarious now. He should read the third chapter of Genesis, I think it address that issue.

becca said...

i can't believe that is your dog. poor little kemper! i hope his hair grows back quickly!

Unknown said...

Rach...if that's what happens to your dog i can't wait to see your daughters first haircut! haha...check your email, i sent my list of baby names!

Anonymous said...

Aww... little Kemper got mauled by the clippers! I must admit, though, it is rather funny ;) I'm sure you're not laughing right now, but at least he's keeping cool in this summer heat!

Aimee said...

I have a blog now, Miss Rachel :) How are you, stranger??! I haven't talked to you in forever! I hope you guys are doing well and that Baby Shipman is growing strong and healthy. Is she kicking around a lot? I'd love to catch up with you soon. Miss you and love you!!