Monday, August 27, 2007

Baby Bump Update


Me at 28 weeks


So I'm offically in my 3rd trimester, and I thought I would update you all on how my pregnancy is going!

1. I LOVE having her with me all the time. She makes herself known quite often- she's a mover for sure (especially at 2 in the morning!). When we go to bed at night mike and I just watch my belly ripple... kinda freaks Mike out. hehe
2. I'm feeling good. Since my last appointment ( 3 weeks ago), I've gained about 12 pounds my entire pregnancy, and if I stay on track they expect me to gain about 23-25 pounds total. I'm ok with that!
3. I CRAVE friut and dairy! I want my watermelon, grapes, string cheese, cereal, and ice cream (my weakness). I'm pretty lucky that I crave pretty healthy stuff- aside from the ice cream of course.
4. When I gotta go, I GOTTA GO. There is no holding it anymore. Just ask John! But we're talking about a guy who's goal when i see him is to make me pee my pants! Literally. And he almost succeeded a couple times.
5. When I have to eat, I HAVE TO EAT. Becca calls me the mommy monster when I'm hungry. I get cranky. Quick.
6. I don't sleep anymore. I'm a belly sleeper, and obiviously that can't happen anymore. I toss and turn all night,(and by toss and turn I mean I literally have to get out of bed- move the pillows, and get back in to lay on my other side. It's a production) and I wake mike up every time, so he's used to not sleeping as well. guess we're ready to not sleep when she comes!
7. I walk funny. I have a natural waddle anyway,(thanks to the Shaddick side of me) but now is just down right funny looking. Mike laughs at me every morning as a waddle to the bathroom.
8. The baby has officially taken my brain. They say that a lot of pregnant women experience absentmindedness, but mine is just bad. I have trouble concentrating, and I forget what people have told me only 5 minutes before. Mike REALLY hopes I go back to normal when the baby comes. We all do, Mike. We all do...
9. I'm starting to nest. I just want my house to be ready for her so badly. Right now her room is a MESS, and it's driving me crazy! I need to start washing her clothes and organizing, but it's hard when there is no furniture for her. So most of it has to wait until my showers are over and Mike gets back from the UK (he's leaving me for 2 weeks in September....NOT looking forward to it AT ALL) since he's the one who has to paint.
10. The only thing i worry about is that I get very crampy starting in the late afternoon, and lasts till i go to bed. My doctor says it's normal, so i try not to worry too much. They do think that I have Restless Leg Syndrome, which is another big reason why I don't sleep. I've tried a lot of things- eating bananas, drinking a TON of water, and reciently my dad told me to put a bar of soap under my mattress. Old wives tale. We'll see if that works. I'll try anything!
11. WE KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW! Mike and I offically chose her name, but we are keeping it to ourselves until she is born. No, i will not give hints, and no, becca, we did not name her after you. :-) And Denis, I will try my hardest to have her on your birthday. I make no promises tho.

All I can say is that I CANNOT WAIT for her to be here. I want these next two months to go by slow so i can enjoy my last trimester, but I can't wait to see her, to hold her, to introduce her to all of you! She will be one loved baby because of you guys!

12 comments:

Amy said...

I have so many things to say in response to this blog... but the 12hr shift stole my brain so I will comment in the morning

Anonymous said...

Such precious comments (except the 'got to go comment'! ha! You are going to be such a wonderful and caring Mom - and I can't wait to seeher too! What is that about the Shaddick waddle??!! Gotta pass that on to Grammie!! ha! Continue to take care of yourself - and hope to see you soon...on Sept 16 or sooner! love you honey - Mom

Amy said...

Alright a few thoughts here... and I'll number them like my husband even though when he does it it often drives me crazy...

1. Its about time you put this picture up, we took it like two weeks ago
2. For those of you who haven't been with her lately... she has come dangerously close to peeing her pants
3.You are the biggest waddler I have ever seen
4. I think the baby stole Mike's brain too... especially when we're trying to play board games with him

Love you and cant wait to see you for a little bit this weekend

becca said...

i have this theory. it is still just a theory, but i plan on proving it. You see everytime "the baby" moves and i rush over to feel it, she stops. I have yet to see the belly move as well, which apparently happens often. So i think "the baby" just doesn't know me. She thinks i am a stranger. The only way for me not to be a stranger is for us to introduce ourselves. in order to do that, i must know her name. She thinks i don't love her enough to call her by name. this must be taken care of immediatly, for our relationships sake... have a heart mommy monster...

Anonymous said...

Becca, you will stoop to anything to find out the name - that is a pretty sad story!! :)
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Wow...2 months left. Crazy! I can't wait to see you this weekend! PS...is her name one of the ones I may have suggested?? If so, I have a right to know!

Ashley said...

you look so amazing. i can't wait to see you again. Yay for her name!

The Barretts said...

Looking good, girl! I always love reading your updates. I'm excited to see what this little girlie looks like! It really won't be long now (even though it feels like it will be).

Megan said...

That picture was taken on my wedding day :)

You look beautiful! And thank you for posting such amazing pictures from our big day! We appreciated having you and Becca there with us to share in our day. You and your little girl are in our prayers :)

Tiffany said...

You look absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see you on the 16th. It's about time you met Chase as well. Don't worry you'll eventually be back to your old self as far as your memory and such (well at least that's what I was told :). I suppose someday when Chase decides to sleep through more than 3 hours of the night at a time that might happen :). mm ji , gu ;ii /jif szkomf. That last sentence is a little note from Chase as he is trying to help me type. We really can't wait to see you-you are all in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Mom & I are looking at your blog! Your bedroom looks lovely - really like the colors. Your "bump" picture looks good on you. The time will be here all too soon for your precious bundle to arrive. Take care, OX Cindy & Grammie S.

becca said...

you get on to change your page all around, but no new blog. come on, didn't you just shoot a weddin! I LOVE YOU! can't wait to see you this weekend.