Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ode to Moms

Happy Mommy's Day!!!

I want to take this time to acknowledge my mother, and how amazingly wonderful she is. I am who i am because of her, even though she may not think this, but it's true on so many levels. When I was sick as a little girl, she would put my comforter in the dryer so i would be nice and warm. When I'd be at my wits end in college, I would call my mom, she would put things in perspective. She is the reason my wedding happened! She's one of my best friends, and I'm proud to be like her! I love you mom! I know I'll be a great mom myself because of you!

I was talking to my mama on the phone yesterday, and she was asking me if i was showing. I realized that so many of you guys don't see me much, so i thought I would start a "Belly Watch" on my blog so you all can see how fat- i mean big- i'm getting.



I was 14 weeks yesterday, which puts me into my fourth month. Pants are starting to get tight, or not even fit at all, and shirts are getting snug. Not fun. Don't get me worng, I'm excited about finally showing, but I just don't have money to buy new clothes! I'm starting to get looks now from parents at work, or people from church who don't know I'm pregnant, but don't want to ask just in case I'm not and they make a fool out of themselves. I just smile and say, "i'm due in November". I hate to see em' squirm.

The biggest hurdle I'm facing right now is allergies. I know that pregnant people get stuffy anyway, but mine it's been 10 times worse than usual because of all the pollen outside, AND we're dogsitting a little Yorkie named Kobe, who I thought was hypoallergenic but if fact is not. He's adorable, but he's been making me miserable. I went to the drug store and begged a pharmasist to give me whatever a pregnant person could take! He gave me Sudafed and Robitussin, and so far neither is working....




Mike posing with our pride and joy, Kemper! Aren't my boys so cute!?


Anywhoo-
Mike and I spent our Mother's Day afternoon being domestic. We needed to fix our back patio, so we went to Lowe's, got supplies, and we (I mean Mike) worked on the patio while I watched the dogs and soaked in some sun. Then Mike painted the door and trim while I came inside. I have to say that I was so impressed with Mike because he wasn't exactly sure how to fix the patio, but it came out exactly the way we wanted it. I didn't know I married a handy man!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

rach... you're soooo cute! I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Honey, I am honored and touched by your comments - and very complimented! I am so proud of my girls - and know that ALL of you will make great Moms some day!
I like that 'belly blog'! I know I won't see you as much as I'd like - and this way I can keep track of how big my granddaugher/son are doing! You take care of yourself - and hope those allergies improve as some of this new pollen season passes on! Love you, Mom

becca said...

you are a cute fat... i mean pregnant person. Happy mother's day to YOU my sister. you are going to be an incredible mother because, as you said, we have one incredible example to follow. i hope i will be half the mother she is. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Anonymous said...

Rach - first of all you look ADORABLE. I can't wait to see that miracle inside of you grow..

I know you probably already hate hearing other people tell you about pregnancy, but I just wanted to tell you a couple things!

the first is about the clothes. I totally understand what you mean about wanting (actually needing) more clothes. I went to Target religiously to check their clearance section for maternity clothes. One time I actually bought 4 shirts that were each $2.50! The other place I found awesome deals are at Old Navy. If you have an Old Navy with a maternity store check their clearance too. I bought 2 pairs of pants there for $3/each. I also found some great shirts there. Hope that helps a little! I know how hard that can be!!

The other thing is about your allergies. I acutally just asked the doctor about allergy medicine last week because like you, I suffer HORRIBLY from allergies. I usually take Claritin, and the doc said that was fine while pregnant, but she also said that if that didn't work to tell her and she will prescribe me something stronger that is still safe for the baby. I guess every doctor is different but ask yours next time what they think!

Hope it helps a little! Can't wait to hear how you are doing!!!

Amy said...

I am totally on the belly watch... you better keep it up. Hope you're feeling well. Talk to you soon. Loveya

The Barretts said...

Looking good! I look forward to watching that belly grow online! :)