Saturday, May 06, 2006

"Yeah, Like baby fish mouth is sweeping the nation..."

I can't even tell you how excited I am that Mike and I are going on vacation this next week. Life has been too crazy to handle, and I'm looking forward to sleeping in, laying out, shopping, and actually seeing my husband! Every year since we've been married, we make an annual trip down to NC with our good friends Aimee and Shane to see Shane's brother and sister-in-law. It all started out as a trip to get away from the awful winters in Buffalo, and to let the boys ride their motorcycles. But now it's evolved to a golfing trip for the boys, and a catch up time for me and Aimee. So fun. Can't wait.


I'm finally into the rhythm of getting up early for work. I look forward to going to see my kids. Their all so funny. I have a little boy who HATES when I sing. This has never happened to me before. I've had people prefer other voices to mine, and that's totally okay, but I've never had anyone all out hate it when I sing. We always have music playing in the room, and ya'll know me- I can't listen to music and NOT sing, so I do. And this little boy will stop what he's doing to come over to me, scowl, and say, "no" every two seconds until I stop. He will follow me around to make sure I hear him say no. The kid isn't even two! And once I stop, he'll go back to eating/playing/whatever he was doing at the time I started to sing. I took offense to it at first (which is REALLY sad, I know), but now I just do it to annoy him. I'm so mean. But it's hilarious, you have to admit.

I have another girl who has a creepier quirk. She sleeps with one eye open. Literally. It freaks me out. At nap time I can't even look at her. I've never seen anything like it. Now does anyone sleep with an eye open? I thought it was just a figment of speech! Totally freeky. Totally.


So I need to have a little chat with J.J. Abrams... why does he feel the need to kill off some of my favorite characters in his shows? My annoyance with the man all started when he "killed" Vaughn in Alias, but now he kills of Nadia after being in a coma for a year. Annoying. Then on lost he kills Anna Lucia AND Libby, who I was hoping would get together with Hurley. Annoying. Why is he getting rid of such great characters? Why does America like to see good people go. Why Paris, on American Idol? And more importantly, WHY was Elliot in the bottom two! ANNOYING! I'm done with having anxiety attacks while watching my shows! All that has to be done is put Elliot and Kathrine in the final two, and I shall be content. I love them both equally, and I don't care who wins out of the two. That's all I need, America. It's not too much to ask.

12 comments:

Amy said...

You didnt even get Becca and I's baby fish mouth reference, dont front! hehe.

Have fun on your trip you totally deserve it. And I am so excited to think I might be coming to see you this month!!

Rachel said...

Taylor!? He's your favorite? Really? Entertaining, yes...the best? Elliot is a better singer BY FAR. Sorry John, have to differ with you.

And for your information Amy, I watched that movie the other day, and got a good laugh during that scene, and thought of you. Great quote.

Anonymous said...

Good morning honey...forgot about your trip south - hope that goes well and you both have some relaxing time....you'll likely come home all tanned too!!
I hoped you'd have some pictures of your guest room and MIke's study. How are they coming along? Have a great trip and call when you get home. Love you, Mom

Rachel said...

Elliot goes, I buy you the pirates tickets, he doesn't, you buy my dinner when we go out.

Amy said...

I thought we were getting them free... she is scamming you john

Rachel said...

I think we can only get two tickets for free... I'll have to check that out. If we get them all for free, then I'll owe John dinner. Deal?

Amy said...

that was john's shameless plug to say I'm beautiful because the other day I said he doesn't say it enough... haha good catch again from La... And my name is NOT LA!!!

Rachel said...

Sounds like some of my friends need to go to pre-marital counseling....

becca said...

Taylor is totally gonna win. that's all there is to it.

Rachel said...

I'll be happy if it's Taylor and Elliot in the finals. Although I'll be rooting for Elliot to win, i would like to see Taylor go far.

Can't wait to have that all expense paid dinner, john!

becca said...

el cheepo!!!

becca said...

thats just mean....plain old mean