Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Our annual visit from Spoofer and Doofer La

Those are the pet names John and Amy use for one another, and I find them so funny! They're prolly gonna kill me for calling them that on my blog, but they love me enough to get over it. :-)

John and Amy came for a long weekend, and it was so awesome! We hadn't spent time with just the four of us since Becca left us stranded at John's (soon to be Amy's too) apartment. That was Christmas time! Too long ago! We were suppose to go to a baseball game Friday night, but they hit bad weather, and by the time they got here, it was too late to go. Instead we caught up on eachother's lives over some Max n' Erma's. We pretty much take every guest we have to that place, and Mike's pretty sick of it. He was still trying to talk us out of going there as we were pulling in to the parking lot. He sucked it up though and appeased Amy and I. We pretty much wanted to go for the cookies.

We acually ate out quite a bit over the course of 4 days. I only had to cook once, and I was obiviously a little rusty because I made the smoke alarms go off in our house. No wonder my daddy calls it the cookin' alarm- no Freer can cook without it going off! But as I was saying, we ate out a lot. on Sunday night we took them into the city and up one of the inclines to go to a resturant that overlooks the cityscape. John was not so excited about this since I acidentally used the words "old" and "rickity" to describe the incline train. I'm pretty sure he was holding Amy's hand mighty tight, and he was DEFINATLY the first one off the train when it stopped. Widdle Jonny was a widdle nervous! I'm hate the incline too, but I actually didn't mind it too much since I was so amused my John. But it was all worth it to see the view of the city. We relaxed for a few hours, and stuffed our faces as we watched the sun set over the city.

After we got home we got in our comfy clothes and retired to the basement for movie time! This was the other event that occured as much as our food outings. Amy and I snacked while John and Mike made fun of whatever movie we watched. It's really really scary how much Mike and John are alike. Hope you're prepared, Amy!

When we weren't watching movies, or eating, we played Phase 10. John's already shaking his head because he know's what's comin....yes, people, I won both times we played, and it was a sweet, sweet victory! I love playing with John because he takes it just as serious as me. Mike isn't a game player, so he's pretty passive about it all. And Amy is passive too, but at least she amused us. :-) Mike put more effort into beating me up than he did winning.



It was a wonderful weekend full of relaxation and laughter. Even though I'm pretty sure they only used us to shop at our IKEA, I was so happy to have them come down. You guys are the best!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Haha, I love you Rach even if you're exploiting our nicknames for all the internet to read. Think of all the hundreds of people who read your blog!
We had such a great time. I cant wait to see you again in a few weeks and dont worry John and I are going to keep this an annual trip. Becca is already dreading all the time we plan on spending with you guys in the upcoming years, we even threatened to move down there.
Love the new place, love you guys, love those cookies! :)

becca said...

rach, john has me convinced that amy would like you more if you guys saw eachother more. nothing like good old john feeding into my insecurities...thanks spoofer

Amy said...

No you know whats bad enough? Bec calling her husband John, so lets not start in on the pet names... and I would perfer if we use the term "nickname" over "pet name"

Anonymous said...

Hi Rache.....so nice to finally see a new blog!!! Sounds like you guys did have a great weekend. Too bad about the Sabres...but they put up a great fight! I can't wait till next season and everyone healthy again! Hope you have a nice weekend with your company (you are a busy lady!). Take care and keep in touch. love you, mom