Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Loving the New Place!

I'm hoping that there are still some of you out there that will still read this! Yes, I know it's been too long, but my life is slowly returning to normal, so now I'll have more time to write.

Where to begin....

I have a new job, and the kids I work with are my pride and joy. I was thinking about posting some pictures, but I thought that the parents of my kids wouldn't be too thrilled to have their child's picture online for all the world to see, so I axed that idea. I have 7 kids on my roster, though I usually only have 5 a day. I have 4 that come every day, and the other 3 only come once or twice a week. I'm finding it easier to get up in the mornings, though I know I'll never enjoy it. My days go by rather quick, which I like, but Mike and I are both adjusting to my new, earlier bedtime. We're night owls- well used to be that is, so he's all sad that I can't watch late night TV with him anymore. He'll live. :-)


So it was my birthday on Easter, and I was so excited that my mom and my older sis decided to pay me a visit, and help with getting the house ready to move into. But I was very sad that it was yet another birthday that i didn't spend with Becca- I actually cried when I blew out my birthday candles because Becca wasn't there to blow them out with me!!!! I miss you girl! But it was so nice to have mom and Allison here. They did some packing and some painting, and I am SOO grateful because I was feeling so overwhelmed about it all. Thanks so much guys! You're the best!

So we moved in on Saturday, and we're about 80% unpacked, and I LOVE our new house! I can't believe that this is our place! I come home from work and I just thank the Lord for his provision! Mike and I are slowly furnishing the place- we actually had our downstairs sofa delivered today at 6:45 in the morning. How unhappy was I!!!

I'm sorry this blog isn't as exciting as I wanted it to be, but I'll write again soon. I wanted to show ya'll some pics of our new place. Check it out!

Ps- the fist pic is the basement that Mike and I (but mostly Mike) finished! Didn't he do such a great job!








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel, those pictures are lovely! I hope Cindy and Elsie see them cause the pictures I took didn't do justice at all - compared to yours!! So glad to see you are getting settled. I can't wait for Steve to see them!
Glad to hear work is going well too. I know, those mornings are never fun! Enjoying work will make it easier tho - getting up, that is! ha! How is Mike -- recouping from the crazy few weeks? Take care - hope to tal to you soon.

Amy said...

I absolutely love your house!! I cannot wait to come see it in person, it is gorgeous Rach!

The Barretts said...

It's stunning! I love it! Hopefully one day we'll get to visit you guys!

I really love all the colors you have...

We're moving on Saturday, so we'll be going through what you just finished!

becca said...

love the stripes in the hallway, and of course i am loving the red room. love the window seat...love it all...can't wait to see it. we just have to try and convince john and amy to let me come down there with them.....

K.L. Bingman said...

Hey Rach....the house looks awesome! I can't wait to actually see it - hope to see you guys sometime (soon?!). Love you!

Unknown said...

Rach...the pictures definately do not do it justice..it's even more amazing in person...now you'll have to put some updated pictures of my finished room, the finished office, and the CLEAN basement! I'm so glad that i came to visit and was your FIRST! I'm so proud of you guys for all you have accomplished...and after this weekend...i'm definately #1 Bequeathed wife! Love you and will see you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

does that last comment really creep anyone else out?

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful