Wednesday, February 08, 2006

WE DID IT!!! YAY STEELERS!

Greetings from the Steeler Nation!! I'm so proud of my Steelers, and if you ask my dad (whom I called many many times during the game), I took the whole Super Bowl thing WAY too seriously. Becca (whom I also called quite a bit) reminded me that my life would go on if they lost, and that Jesus would still love me the next day. So wise, sis....
But luckily I didn't have to go to bed with disappointment because THEY WON!!!! But to be honest- I'm kinda glad it's all over because this town has been turned upside down for the last month. John touched on some of the insanity in his blog (and by the way, that woman who induced labor so she wouldn't miss the Super Bowl named her child after Steelers players- they're JUST a football team!), and it got crazier after they won. Downtown was taken over by drunk fans parading in the streets and burning park benches, screaming, and setting off fireworks. Then on Tuesday we had a huge parade in honor of the players, and almost a quarter of a million people flocked to the city streets to catch a glimpse of the team. Schools were actually closed so students and teachers could go to the parade. MENTAL! It got so out of control that the police couldn't hold people back, and they were mobbing the players...even the reporters who were just trying to do their job we're getting run over! I'm glad the season is over, and the city can go back to normal until next year.

Anyhoo- enough of that.

Life has been pretty uneventful these past few weeks. We're just trying to get all the paperwork done for the mortgage, and it's all just one big headache. I can't wait until it's all over and we can just enjoy the house!! We had our home inspection on Monday, and there is nothing major that needs to be fixed, and that's what we thought since the house isn't that old. We close on March 17th, and we can't wait to get started on decorating the place.

5 comments:

becca said...

I knew that you would talk about the steelers. i even told mom that! HA! but congrats. but don't worry, you will be crying next year when the EAGLES win it ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning honey....glad to see the update! I have to agree with John and life goes on beyond football - now if it were hockey, that would be different, eh!!?? GO SABRES!!
Still want to see some of those pictures you took tho of your house! I can't wait to see it - hope the weather goes away soon so I'll have the nerve to travel. Love you guys, Mom

Amy said...

I am so jealous that Becca and Denis are going down over Feb break...not fair at all! You need to come up here and see us soon.

Rachel said...

I miss you too, Amy- I wish i were there in Rochester helping you out with wedding plans, and just to hang out! Hopefully you'll make it down here soon too!!!

Rachel said...

That's a tough question, John. Though I was a "Bills Fan" for most of my life, I didn't really get into the games like I do now. Nor did I know as much about the Bills players as I do the Steelers. As much as I would love for the Bills to actually become a decent team again, my allegence is to Pittsburgh!