Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Updates from the Artist Formally known as Freer





Aren't we so cute!? This is Mike and I at the resort that we went to this past weekend with our friends, Ashley and Ryan (not the Kirnans, but just as fun to be around). They treated us to a weekend away at this five star spa and resort, and we were SPOILED silly. It was two days full of massages, facials, amazing food, and tons of fun. The place is just a little south of here called Nemacolin, and if any of you get a chance to go, you won't regret it!




This is the room we had at the Falling Rocks Hotel. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever been in! If you opened the curtains, you over look the golf course where they play the 84 Lumber Classic (that's where really good golfers play....Sorry John!)


This is the four of us getting ready to go to the hot tub. We had the BEST butler (his name was Billy, but we called him Billy the Kid), and he brought us wine and hot towels to use. We just had the most amazing time there, and we were so sad to leave!

_________________________________________

So my cousins are having a baby, and I'm so excited for them. I can't wait to shower that baby with affection when I see him/her (I'm betting it's a girl). But I'm having a bit of a dilemma.... what relation is this baby to me? Is it my second cousin? Will the baby call me Aunt Rachel? Or am I not really related? Explain this to me, people!

_________________________________________

Speaking of babies, a good friend of mine, Marcy, is expecting her own bundle of joy (again, I think it's a girl!). I find it rather amusing because her husband, Jeremy, is 100% sure that they're having a boy, and he refuses to even think about a name for a girl because he is so sure. But I beg to differ. When I've had other friends who were pregnant, they dreampt about the baby, and whatever sex the baby is in the dream ends up actually being the sex of the baby. Low and behold, she has had 2 dreams about the baby, and it's been a girl in both! Could I be on to something? Is this really the way to find out the sex of the baby? You're thoughts on the subject?

_________________________________________

Though I am not expecting a baby, nor do I have baby fever, but what I do have is doggie fever! One big reason why I can't wait to move into the house is so I can get a dog! I want one so bad, and I'm really hoping that Mike will get me one for my birthday. He isn't too thrilled about the idea, but hopefully a little batting of the eye lashes, and some heavy whining will change his mind. I've already decided that I want an American Bull Dog ( just like Amy and Shane's), and I want a girl so I can name her Sydney in honor and in memory of Sydney Bristow from Alias (the TV show, which sadly is not going to be on anymore). And no, if I get a boy dog, I WILL NOT name him Kemper, because that will be MY SON'S NAME!

_________________________________________

Mike and I are so proud because between the two of us, we've lot over 10 pounds since the new year! YAY US!!! I never realized how hard it is to stick to a workout plan, AND change what you eat! But it's been so much easier to do it together, because we keep eachother motivated! Just like Becca, I too want to lose a few pounds this year, and I just gotta stick to it!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Congrads on the weight loss that is awesome! I am so jealous that you guys spent time at a spa, that is one of my dreams in life to go to a spa.
Man it is baby city around you. I am not letting any of the girls get pregnant before the wedding and maybe I should make the same rule for you in case I "axe" Becca and put you in her place :)
Maybe Nicholas Sparks will write a new book using your method of telling the sex of babies. Which reminds me... I cannot for the life of me remember what happened in his last book. Maybe I should read it again over break. miss you guys, give the boss a hug for me

Anonymous said...

Good morning honey.....good to hear an update! BUT I was hoping to see some pictures of your new home! I know I don't have much to say about it, but the idea of a dog doesn't appeal at all - you have no idea how much work they are and how distructive they can be! Remember how short of a time we had the puppy when we moved to our new home!!?? I'd consider long and hard before I were you!! That spa visit looked sure luxurious! Sounded like a nice treat! What do you mean 'no baby fever' - yeah, in what world!!?? Ha! Have a great day. love to you both, Mom

The Barretts said...

Hey Rachel!! That spa looks AMAZING! How fun is that?!?

Congrats on the weight loss...after I have this baby, that will certainly be one of my goals as well! :) People keep telling me it'll all "fall off", so we'll see!

As for your relationship to our baby..hmm..I think it's something like second cousin maybe? The baby can call you Aunt Rachel if you like!!

When will we get to see you guys? Any trips planned for this summer perhaps!? :)

Anonymous said...

Note: Never read blogs too fast.

I was giving this one a cursory read before I headed out, and Rach... this is what I read:

"..are having a baby, and I'm so excited.."

So for about 3 seconds (which seemed like a truly long 3 seconds), I thought you wrote that about you and Mike. I think I went into 3 seconds of shock.

Yes, must learn to read more carefully, haha.

Amy said...

John abuses the right to use points when commenting....

I only have two people I call Aunt and Uncle who are not related to me....but I do think close family friends can be referred to as Aunt and Uncle...I am not going to make my kids call you Mrs. Shipman *and then have them snickering behind your back*

John is not the authority on baby names...he hates the name Carder because I spell it with a d and not a t. But yeah I dont think Kemper is that great a name for a human, even Kemp minus the er is better

Rachel said...

Thank you, Amy, for being on my side! John and Becca just don't know a good name when they see one! I, too like Carder! Very unique.

If John thinks he can do better with the whole baby naming thing, lets hear his ideas!

Amy said...

Ok the subject is officially dropped like it was hot before that same dropping occurs in reference to John dropping me. Feel free to use the name Carder or Carter Rach and Mike because we wont be.