Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Joys of House Hunting









Mike and I are so excited at the prospect of moving into our very own house, and I want to share that excitement with you all!!! Last week, we walked through 8 houses, and really liked two of them. But after weighing all the pros and cons, we decided to go with the 3 bedroom house, instead of the 2 bedroom (but newer) place. Now, nothing is official, but we're taking a second look at the place tomorrow to really make sure that it's a place we see ourselves in. I posted a few pictures of the place so you can see. One of the things I love most about the place is the deck and the backyard! The housing development put a field in the middle of the neighborhood so people can have a place to walk their dogs, play softball, and just have a place to roam. Not a whole lot of people use it, so it's like we have this huge backyard all to ourselves! If Mike and I in fact get the place, we hope all of you will come down and visit!!!!

But not only am I house searching, I'm job searching as well! I'm trying to get a full time nanny job around the area. So far I have a few prospects. A family in our church is looking for a nanny (they used to have two, but they both moved), and are now looking for someone else to look after their 6 kids (yes, 6). I would love to be able to work for someone in the church, and they don't live too far away. We'll see if it works out- I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Like i said, as long as i have my own bedroom and bathroom i'm all set...but now with a bigger house you have to buy more furniture too! Maybe that's what we'll do this weekend since you've pretty much decided on the house with out consulting me! HAHAHA, well we'll fight about that face to face on Friday! Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on this blog, and I'm not really sure who Jamie is, but unless you're like her twin sister or something then I would have to say that you're a bit crazy. Your own room? She needs to consult with you? Wow...sounds like a wannabe to me.

Amy said...

So happy for you guys! Can't wait till John and I can come down again. We miss you! Keep us posted on the house

Unknown said...

Hey anonymous, are you referring me to a wanna be twin sister or a wanna be house owner? Either way you're right, although i have been mistaken for rachel and becca's sister! Thanks for taking the time to check out rachel's blog! Peace out!