Friday, February 12, 2010

Late night painting fest!

Last night Mike and I were sitting by the fire, relaxing, waiting for 9:00 to come so we could watch The Office, but as we were chatting, we started to get the "itch" to finally change the face of our new place. Aside from unpacking, we've done nothing. Not one blind is up, and our curtains are hanging by thumb tacks, and all our pictures are stacked in storage. We had the paint already, so we said, "lets do it!". This was the paint we chose:


So our original thought was to just do the trim work. That way we could just roll the next day, and it would be easier to get done while Harmony napped. But of course, we couldn't leave the job half done! We were up till 12:30 getting it all painted! I admit I got a little cranky at about midnight- I was so tired, and H was up quite a bit with come congestion, so I knew it'd be a long night with her. But I sucked it up and stayed awake till every inch was painted. Aside from a couple trimming accidents, it was actually quite easy and fun! We're so pleased with the result!

BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER


Finished result!






One room down! Harmony's room is next!

8 comments:

The Barretts said...

Looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Well done -it's so beautiful & inviting... Can't wait 2 hang near the fire again with you in this most awesome room<3
The Amanuels

Aimee said...

YAY for a new post! And I love the color - it looks awesome. :) Can't wait to see it in person!!

Anonymous said...

I am at work and can't see the pictures - so can't wait to get home and have a look at them! That is something I'd do - get the 'bug' and want to get it done! You will have that house a beautiful little home in no time! (well, it is already - just needs some of your personalities!)
Mom

Amy said...

It looks absolutely incredible. I love it! and the rug looks perfect in there... tell Mike I said so :)

Beth said...

Looks awesome! Great job! I can't wait to see what you guys pull off in Harmony's room!

Bethany said...

You guys are fast workers! Looks professionally done! :o)

becca said...

i love harassing people till they blog... i feel such a sense of accomplishment.

looks awesome! are you gonna keep the bookshelves there or are you going to put them back once the fireplace is cut?