Monday, January 14, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl




Harmony is smiling and giggling so much now, and most of them are aimed at her daddy. It's very heartwarming to watch her face light up when Mike comes home at night, or when I bring her into bed in the morning. It is soo adorable!!! I never thought I would see so much emotion come from Harmony this early, but right around Christmastime she began to smile on purpose, and not just from gas.

We've been here, there and everywhere lately, plus having company at our home, and today was the first day where life became normal again. I actually got chores done, and Harmony is slowly getting back into her routine. The madness of the holiday was both wonderful and exhausting. So crazy that the three of us actually took an "emergency vacation" (as mike and I called it), for a week to just relax. We told hardly anyone when and where we were going because we didn't want it to be a hectic trip. We went up to Rochester to stay with Becca and Denis, and it was so nice to sleep in, to veg out in front of the TV, to have some other hands take care of Harmony for a while, to play games, and to worship at The Father's House. So thank you Becca and Denis for taking us in on such short notice! And I apologize to everyone we didn't see or tell we were going up, but I promise that next time we will see all of you!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I CANNOT believe you came to Rochester and never called! You're such a BRAT! You SOOOOO owe me one. I miss you so much, and it seems like you're doing well...I had a vision of Mo at 6 years old and I almost started crying! oh well..hopefully I'll see you before then! Call me!

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz, i look at your web site often to see you are doing.i am so glad things are going well. i am just beginning to put together the nursery- i want to see the final look of yours! it is so much fun! i am loving this time with bobby and trying to enjoy every minute of it! love ya girl and wish we could stinking see each other one day!!
love, shira:)

Rachel said...

Jaim, I thought i explained WHY i didn't call you... (or anyone for that matter) for the week. I didn't want to have a lot of people around mike and I. That's all. I didn't mean to offend any one. It's just what we needed.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see some kind of an update! Now you need to get on her blog and update any fun facts. Love seeing any pictures of your precious bundle! Love, Grammie Freer

Amy said...

Were so glad your vacation was a good one,thanks for sharing your little princess with us. Anytime the power goes out our house is free. Love you

My name is Heather. said...

It was so good to finally meet your daughter. She is so sweet. I enjoyed seeing you, though brief it was. I hope you had time enough to relax, I'll drag your sister down sometime soon, as soon as I can get away. I promise!

becca said...

no need to drag me, i will get a running start if i need to! i miss you all everyday...even mike :) kiss harmony for me and tell her her favorite aunt misses her!

Anonymous said...

Wow Rach...we had a lot of fun with you, Mike, and Harmony being up here...I mean hours of fun over the course of several days. It was really good to see your little family and catch up. I feel like we had almost endless time together.

I hope that doesn't make people jealous or anything...

Anonymous said...

Rachel I am glad that you guys had the opportunity to just relax together. They grow so fast that it's nice to just step back and enjoy the quiet moments as a family (and I'm sure you didn't have to beg her aunt and uncle to enjoy them with you :). She is so cute, I can't wait to meet her. I love the picture of all of you. Keep them coming.

The Barretts said...

So cute! Way to go on taking a vacation...very smart!

Aimee said...

Glad you were able to take a break and spend some time with Bec & Denis. If you ever need another trip like that... our door is always open :) We'd love to take care of Harmony so you 2 can relax!!