Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2 Months

Makaela 2mo

Some FAQ's on my two month princess and other things:

Weight/length/percentiles?
As of today, she is 10 pounds, 3 ounces, 22 inches long. Her head was 14 1/2cm. That puts her in the 39th percentile for weight, 40th for height, and 11th for head. She is proving to be my "chunk", since Harmony didn't hit double digits till almost 6 months! Tho Harmony was taller than M at this age.

Is she sleeping through the night?
Nope. Still up twice. Usually around 2 and 6, then up for good at 7-7:30. But she is usually in bed by 8. She no longer wants that late night feeding. And even if I do wake her at 11 to feed her, she still wakes up at 2, so I usually just let her sleep. So I guess that's progress.

Who does she look more like?
I don't know, you tell me. I see her looking less and less like Harmony-who is Mike's mini-me, so I think she is looking more like me *this pleases Becca, since Makaela is her closest bet to having a child who looks like her*. I think the blue eyes make her look like Mike, but she does look a lot like my baby pictures. But this could all change, so I don't think much about it. Like my dad said, "She looks like Makaela", Well put, Papa.

How is Harmony doing with having a sister around?
She is doing awesome. She adores her. So so much. And I love watching M just light up when Harmony comes in the room, and vice versa. Harmony is DYING to play with her. She is always trying to put toys in her hands, and asking me to put her on the floor so she can be near her. The issue we have is sharing mommy in the evenings. During the day she is great. But since M is fussy at night, she requires more attention from me, and H does not like this. She constantly is asking me to put Makaela down and says "take care of me now, mommy". It's tough. To feel like I have to choose. I can honestly say that I haven't figured out how to master the "witching hour" in our home, so any advice is much appreciated.
But other than that, I am delightfully surprised at how smooth the transition was from 1 to 2. It's a crazier pace, but it's awesome. i just LOVE being a mom of 2.

How's Kemper doing with the new addition?
Awful. He is a bigger grump than ever, and he is a little depressed if you ask me. We just don't have much time for him, and as much as I hate to say or admit it, he isn't priority right now. We debate on whether we should find a new home for him- a place where he will get more attention and affection. We shall see.... we still love him tho. We really do.

Are you done having children?
Ask me in 2 years. :-)
Right now, I feel like yes, we are done. We always said we wanted 2, and having Makaela makes our family feel complete. But we aren't going to close that chapter quite yet. People always say "time to try for your boy!". This is something I won't be doing, since no one can promise me a boy next time around. What if I have twin girls? DEAR GOD, I would die. But I am not one of those people who feel like they need a boy to complete my family. I love my girls. And I am happy with my mostly estrogen-filled family. :-)

So is life good?
Yes. So very very good. And Makaela? She is more beautiful every day.

m

No comments: