Thursday, November 20, 2008

ONE YEAR!!!!

This is a very bittersweet day for me. My baby girl has finished the first year of her life, and I am so unbelievably amazed at her transformation and growth. I've been looking through all her pictures today, and remembering every moment we've had with her, and I can't believe how fast she grew into her vibrant personality.


Her first weeks were filled with many ups and downs. It was difficult for me to heal from the C-section, and I couldn't have stayed sane if it wasn't for Mike and my mom. They were so patient with both me and Harmony as we adjusted to our new way of living. And after a few weeks we fell into a comfortable rhythm as a new family of three.


It wasn't long before she was showing us her beautiful smile and contagious giggle that made us fall even more in love with her.




She is the the type of baby who isn't afraid to show her many moods! She is strong willed (gets it from her daddy!) but also very sensitive (definitely from her mommy!), and she tells us exactly how she feels- as you can see from these pictures!


She has never been that shy with people- probably because we are so social and always have friends around, but she has an apparent affection for men. She bats her eyes at them and smiles this shy smile that will melt any heart. Here is a picture of her with her "uncle" Shane (who always wants to be the one to hold her- it's adorable), and as you can see, she is using her cute grin to wrap him even further around her little finger. Oh, and FYI, this was the stage in her life where she had crazy looking hair- so we were being silly and put a scarf on her head.


But the one man she adores most is her sweet daddy, who is her ultimate playmate. The moment she hears the door open she stops everything she is doing to go see her daddy. The other day we took her to the park for the very first time, and he was so excited to push her on the swings, and to take her down the slide. I was a very proud wife to see him love her so unconditionally. He is a fantastic daddy, and there is nothing that makes me happier than to see them have such special moments together.


My sweet baby is on her way to not being a baby anymore, and I am feeling very proud but very sad at the same time. Every day she becomes more independent, and more curious about the world around her. It's an adventure that keeps getting better and better.

Happy Birthday, Harmony Joy. You are the greatest gift we've ever received!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Harmony! Thank you for sharing the pictures and your bundle of Joy with me. I can't get enough of her, she truly is Harmony Joy!!!! I pray many more sweet years and memories to come!!! Love you guys!!!! Leandra

becca said...

didn't think i would cry today...but i have tears streaming down my face. i can't imagine life without her. such a big big love. i can't believe it has been a year! I love you Harmony Joy

Ashley said...

awwww Rach. happy birthday sweet girl! we NEED to get together! I can't believe it's been a YEAR!!

Anonymous said...

The same from the Grammie....a special Happy B'day to the most special grand daughter in the whole world!! (till another one comes along!! :)
Hope you and Mom and Dad have a very special day - with many great memories ahead. Don't blink your eyes because 1st thing she'll be getting married!!!?? Love to you all, Mom

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. Happy Birthday to Harmony!!

The Barretts

My name is Heather. said...

Happy Birthday Harmony! Cute pics, great family. Love you all!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I think birthdays are more for the mommy than for the child! What a special day, filled with so many memories from an eventful year! Isn't it amazing how much they develop in that first year?

See ya Sunday.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I think birthdays are more for the mommy than for the child! What a special day, filled with so many memories from an eventful year! Isn't it amazing how much they develop in that first year?

See ya Sunday.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Harmony! So glad we got to see her today.

Beth said...

Ohhh, I can completely relate to the bittersweetness. Isn't it amazing to think how far YOU'VE come, how much YOU have changed in the past year? These little blessings put us on the fast track to developing those mommy skills, stretch us far beyond what we ever even wanted to IMAGINE we could handle.

Congratulations on a really wonderful first year. I am so looking forward to the next year in pictures!!

becca said...

looks like Harmony turns a year and the blogs stop.

lame