Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lucca Faye

I've been meaning to write about the newest addition to the Blumbling Family for a while now, but with the move and all that entails, I've been lacking in time and energy. But we are all settled into the Keller Manor, and while Harmony is playing well with their dog, I thought I would steal a moment to introduce you all to my darling "neice", Lucca Faye, who was born September 2nd (on the exact day she was due, I might add) at 1:35AM. After almost 24 hours of labor (you are my HERO, Ashley), Lucca finally came. She weighted 6 pounds 2 ounces, and she was 21 inches long.

Mike and I went to see the proud parents that evening, and all were in great spirits. Of course I took my camera along!


Here she is! Lucca is so cute, and looks so much like her daddy!



Speaking of daddy, here is Ryan with his little girl. Isn't she so small!?


Ashley, the proud mama!! She looks TOO good for just giving birth!


One beautiful, happy family.

These three people are a huge reason as to why it was so hard for us to leave Pittsburgh. We've had so many amazing memories with Ash and Ryan. They are family in every sense of the word. Ryan and Mike are what Ashley and I call "boyfriends", when they would get in the hot tub together on Sunday nights after a good meal while Ashley and I would watch a movie inside and wait for them to finish their date. Ashley and I had so many great talks about babies, about husbands (that was the main topic, huh, Ash!), and just life. We share love for our daughters, for our joys and struggles, and for Kimora!!! All of us have had many adventures together, including:


Going to Vegas to see Celine Dion (and the boys lost some money along the way)


Going to the Spa and getting pampered by Billy the Butler!


The boys playing golf while us girls get burned by the pool!



and going to Pinehurst to let the boys have their ultimate golf vacation. Too bad Harmony was a BEAST that week (teething), and we hardly had a meal where one of us didn't have to take her out to walk.

We've had so many other memories, like our Sunday dinners, taking long drives to see Christmas lights, Hockey games, weddings, telling each other we were pregnant (they were the first to know about Harmony- Ryan just came out and asked me if I was pregnant!), and now we share all the stories and advice about having daughters! They are both peanuts who look just like their daddies!



We know a couple like them will never be out of our lives, and we look forward to making many more memories together. LOVE YOU SO MUCH, BLUMLINGS!!!! Kiss that baby for me!

No comments: