Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Harmony and Beckett

This past weekend I went up to Rochester for a wedding (pictures to come on my other blog), and since Becca's house is now in full capacity, I stayed at Heather and Tony's on Saturday night, and John and Amy's on Sunday night. I left on Monday, but I was glad to have the morning to spend with the Kellers. Now that Harmony is mobile, their dog, Beckett, isn't really sure what to make of her. When I was at the wedding on Sunday, Beckett got a little nervous, and went under the coffee table to hide from/observe Harmony from a distance. But Harmony just adored him, and didn't let him stay hidden for very long. By Monday, he had warmed up to her a little bit more, so Amy and I took the opportunity to document their play. Here are some pictures:


Harmony is quickly approaching Beckett, and as you can see, he's not really sure what to make of it.


Harmony then tried to crawl up onto Beckett which caused him to retreat. This is the face she gave when he ran away. So excited to have a big dog to play with.


He went to his "safe place" under the coffee table, but Harmony soon caught onto this, and joined him. (Picture taken by Amy)


This is about as far as Harmony would go before she decided that he probably didn't want to play at that time. (Also taken by Amy)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture is SO cute.

What a cute kid and not a bad looking dog either. Harmony gives me hope that when we have kids Beckett might not eat them.

Also, during Baby Borrowers tonight every time one of the babies cried he got very alert and looked around. I think he thought his playmate was back.

Amy said...

Thanks for giving me the credit for the pictures, isnt that last one too cute. Beckett looks huge in that first picture. We were so glad you could come up and spend some time with us and cant wait to see you again this week. Thanks for not being an over protective mom who wont even let the dog in the same room as her baby even though Beckett could eat Harmony as a snack

Anonymous said...

Seeing as we both made reference to Beckett eating kids, maybe Rachel won't be so comfortable next time.

I also love the first picture and his, "What the heck? Do you guys see this little thing?" face he's making.

Rachel said...

I'm not worried at all about Beckett eating Harmony. He was VERY good with her- aside from the fact that he wanted to lick her face all the time! But Kemper does the same thing, so she is used to it. Plus Harmony LOVES dogs, so I think she is safe. :-)

It was so fun to watch them play. She was way more into him than the other way around tho!

Unknown said...

Rach...so the plan is not to have any more kids, just more dogs since she plays so nice?? And it looks like Mo is starting to grow some more hair which is FANTASTIC!

Matt and Megan said...

The first picture is my favorite. I think it definitely captures Beckett's personality :)