Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I am so very behind on my posting it's not even funny. Ugh.

In the beginning of May, Mike and I were BLESSED to take a trip with our close friends, Ryan and Ashley, down to North Carolina. We spent 3 days and 3 nights at Pinehurst, which for those of you who golf, is a pretty amazing place.

It was a rough go of it getting down there because Harmony is not used to being in her car seat for so long, but once we got there, she was great. Actually, while we were there, she cut her first tooth! Very historical moment for us Shipmans.

The boys golfed of course, and us girls hit the pool. I have this little "pool-side pack and play", and Harmony hung out in there, took her naps, and while awake, we lounged in the pool. She was sooo good!

At night we would have a nice meal together. And by together I mean that I would eat with Ryan and Ash while Mike walked around with Harmony, and when I was finished, we would switch. Even Ash and Ry would take their turns walking her around. She just didn't like sitting at the table with us. She would kick up a fuss every time. Little pistol. The only time we all ate together was on the ride home when we stopped at Applebees, and that was because she was sleeping. But other than that, we had a wonderful, relaxing time in North Carolina. It was our official first family vacation, and I loved how much Mike doted on Harmony. He watched her a ton while I got to do fun stuff like get a hot stone massage and a manicure. What a great husband I have. I am the luckiest.

Here are some pics of our time.



This is where we stayed- it was so beautiful inside- so romantic... so..... southern.


The last day we were there, it was freezing, and Harmony was more than happy to be snuggled by daddy.



She LOVED the water (once she got used to it), and Mike loved letting her splash around. Isn't she so cute in her bathing suit!?


Everywhere you went there were these old fashioned bikes everywhere. Of course Mike and Ryan HAD to ride them. They looked mighty funny doing it!


The one thing I loved about Pinehurst was that it was all about relaxation. So on each side of the hotel we stayed in had these HUGE wrap around porches that had rocking chairs everywhere. So obviously we took advantage and spent a lot of our free time out there.


Harmony is her two piece, just lounging with Ashley.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that 2 piece bathing suit was precious! Looked like a great place to stay! Was it like a bread n' breakfast? Always love seeing pics of my precious grand daughter and her parents! Love to you all. Mom (don' tknow why, but here at work, blogspot won't take my password!)

becca said...

mom, i think they are called BED and breakfasts :) LOVE YOU! hehehe

harmony is offically the cutest baby in the entire world!!!!!! i love the one where she is all cuddled up and holding on to mike's thumb...boy i miss her

Beth said...

BOTH suits are adorable!! Ben has some pretty kickin' board shorts about to make their debut... and we're going to North Carolina too, whoopee!

I think my favorite is the one in her pink suit, where she's got her arms behind her head, just chilling out. What a doll she is!

The Barretts said...

Great pics! So nice that you got some time to relax!

Julie said...

Hi Rachel! I know I don't know you very well, but I LOVE your photos...
If you are ever in the Buffalo/Rochester area and are interested, I would love to hire you to photograph my boys! Let me know if you are interested!
Thanks, Julie Vinkle