Sunday, March 16, 2008

50 Things about me

I'm attempting to do this....

wish me luck.

1. Our 4 month old little girl was NOT planned.... but she is the most wonderful surprise we've ever gotten.
2. Mike's first words after I told him that I was pregnant was "your joking!". Indeed I was not.
3.I will NEVER again wait to tell people the name of the baby. A bad decision on my part.
4. John and Amy Keller were the first to know the name. She guessed it about a month before I delivered and she in turn told John. Boy did he hold that over Becca's head.
5. I have 4, soon to be 5 "nieces and nephews". My cousins from my mom's side of the family all of a sudden decided to have babies at the same time! Now combined they have Naomi, Kyler, Micah, and Emma, and the fifth is due in the summer. These are all grand kids of my mom's twin, Elsie, so she is WAY ahead in the grandchild department than my mom, who has only one. My cousin made a very good point that the first one to get married is the only one who doesn't have a kid.... get crackin, Becca and Denis!
5a. What, in fact do I call them? My cousin's kids... are they second cousins?
6. I will be an actual aunt in July because my sister in law is pregnant with a little girl! yay Tristan and Jennifer!
7. Mike talks in his sleep and I find it so funny. Sometimes I ignore him, and other times i talk back, and he says the FUNNIEST things. One time we were going have an all-nighter with our youth, and we were going to play laser tag. So in his sleep he was explaining the rules of the game. I woke up and listened to him for a little bit, and I asked him "what if i break the rules?". He replied, "I'll shoot you." Awesome.
8. I've heard some amazing engagement stories, but I think mine takes the cake! I think most of you know it so i won't write it all down. But I will say that Mike is the most ROMANTIC and creative man ALIVE.
9. I LOVE crab legs. When I eat them, nothing else exists but me and the crab. My family knows not to speak to me when I eat them. It's sad, I know.
10. On the night of my wedding, Mike and I decided to take a bubble bath. The tub was really big, so I put in a huge amount of bubbles, and next thing i know I'm standing next to the tub, and the bubbles are over my head. We spent TWO hours trying to get rid of them all. What a way to start my marriage...
11. When I was 15, I tore my ACL while playing soccer, and had to have surgery. It was awful. I got very sick, and actually lost so much weight that it was in the double digits. I went to therapy for MONTHS. And if I remember correctly, Ryan Kirnan went to the same therapist, and we sometimes were there together. Small world.
12. This is a very embarrassing story, but I'm gonna tell it anyway. I was at soccer camp one summer in Erie, PA, and a couple of my friends and I left a little early because i hurt my ankle (boy i got hurt a lot), and needed to get it checked out. We left Erie to go back to Allegany, and 3 hours later, the girl driving (who CLAIMED she knew how to get home) decided to stop at a rest station to ask for directions. I checked the map to see where we were.... The "you are here" arrow pointed to SYRACUSE!!!!! I was livid! What should have been a hour and a half trip ended up being 6 hours. All i have to say is IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!
13. Harmony is 4 months old this week, and she is STILL in newborn clothes...
14. 14 was my soccer number in high school.
15. I lead worship at my church, and I hardly ever get nervous. But when I have to sing a special, I want to throw up. Weird.
16. I hate to work out. I will find any excuse possible to postpone it.
17. The first time Harmony smiled at me, I thought that life couldn't get any better than that moment.
18. I was run over by a car when i was 3. I have burn marks from the tire on my left leg to prove it.
19. My very first memory was when i was in the hospital after that accident. i remember that my dad would bring me McDonald's fries after the doctor would clean my wounds.
20. I mess up words a lot. I've said "ovulating fan" instead of "oscillating fan". oops. I've called one of my old youth group kids' sternum a scrotum. big oops.
21. I am obsessed with re-runs of Will and Grace. I watch it every day from 11:00-12:00, and tape the ones that are on at night.
21a. Jack McFarland ( creator of the McFarland Method) is the greatest character ever created.
22b. JUST JACK!
22. I hate my hair being wet. That's the number one reason why I hate showering. Especially now that my hair is long, and I have NO time to dry my hair. But alas, it's a necessary evil.
23. Most people who see the movie "P.S. I Love You" find it to be so sad... just ask Amy and Becca, I laughed the entire time. They both claim that the baby not only took my brain, but she also took my soul.
24. I know every song, every line, and almost every dance move to the movie, "Newsies".
25. The greatest summer of my life was in 2001, when I counseled at Circle C Ranch with Jaime. With Wacky Wednesdays, Chicken Patti Eating Contests, and sleep walking campers! Ah, Memories...
26. The biggest thing I miss about breast feeding is caffeine! I miss my coffee, my Mountain Dew... I've had to give it up for a year now!
27. If I could change just one thing about myself, I would want curly hair. Like Taylor Swift curls. What i would give for beautiful hair like that!
28. The greatest feeling in the world is when I pull into my parents driveway. It will always be home to me.
29. I own every Nicholas Sparks book. Can't wait until the next one!
30. I get to sing a Sugarland song at church this weekend! How cool is that!?
31. When i cut with scissors, I clench and unclench my jaw along with the scissors. I've done it since I can remember.
32. I cannot in any way shape or form, stop my dog from pooping on the stairs. It's an obsession for him. It's on the same step, in the same spot, every time. AHHHH!
33. My last name gets made fun of a lot, and it drives me crazy.
34. My biggest regret growing up was not taking piano lessons.
35. My high- school English teacher, Miss. Little was my biggest inspiration for wanting to major in English in college.
36. Before graduation, John told me that all English majors say the same thing after they graduate. I then, regretfully, asked what that was. He said it's, "Would you like fries with that?" HA...HA...HA
37. Mike wanted to propose to me on my birthday, but I made it hard on him because i was dead set on spending the day with Becca. So he instead proposed the day before.
38. The date of our engagement is engraved on my ring, and our wedding date is on Mike's.
39. I hate drinking water. I would rather drink something with flavor. And I can't drink really cold water. I would rather drink it semi-cold, or even have it a little warm.
40. I have had acne since i was 13, and I have tried every kind of cream, cleaner, and astringent known to man, and have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find something that gets rid of it, and the ONLY thing that works is Dove soap. Weird.
41. When i was pregnant, I had major morning sickness, and I had a hard time with certain smells. The worst was the "new car smell" in our Mazda. I would open the door, and I gag. I had to hold my breath and febreeze the entire car before I could drive it.
42. The thing I'm looking forward to most this week is finding out if my friends, ashley and ryan, are having a boy or girl. I'm convinced she is having a girl. But then again, I thought for sure that i was having a boy, so maybe I'm not so good at this guessing game.
43. When Mike is gone on a trip, and I have to stay home, I barricade my door at night. I put me, Harmony, and Kemper all in my room, lock it, and then put a piece of furniture in front of the door. That is the only way I feel safe. True story.
44. My all time favorite American Idol contestant is Elliot Yamin. I cried when he got kicked off, and I've never forgiven America for it.
45. My husband knows every word to ice ice baby.... just ask Christy. Sorry about that hon.
46. I am a Mac lover. I will never go back to a PC ever again.
47. My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice. The new one. I could watch the movie over and over, and never get sick of it.
48. Mike and I recently purchased Rock Band, and i thought i was amazing at the guitar until i played against Jaime. Holy crap, I really suck.
49. Harmony's laugh is music to my ears.
50. I love my life. Truly. Completely.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, here we go...

4) I wouldn't do that to Becca.
12) I'm not surprised at all. I wouldn't have been surprised if the map said West Virginia.
14) Me too!
22) For one summer of your life, you were a consistent showerer.
25) I just spent 10 seconds singing "We're Circle C Ranchers, Circle C Ranchers, kids who loved the Lord, yee-haw!"

Now you are too.
30) Why Don't You Stay?
33) I would never do that either, especially if I was MCing your wedding reception, but we all know that Chris Hopper was your MC.
36) Haha...sucker.
43) That sounds like something Amy would do -- and you're both crazy.
44) Please, he wasn't beating Taylor, you really should be over this by now.

becca said...

3. very bad decision.
4. bad memories...
5. in due time my dear. i am enjoying harmony too much right now. kiss her for me!
7. funniest story ever! i can hear him saying it too!
12. do people really wonder why it took us so long to get our lisence? really people. we have had alot of bad experiences.
15. i am the same way! so strange
18. see my comment from 12
25. funny how the greatest summer of your life was the ONE that was spent away from me. when you are finished stomping on my heart, can i have it back...thanks
28. DITTO! and the worst feeling in the world is pulling away. cry everytime
29. do you know when the next one is coming out?!?!?!?
33. what the ship man?
49. i could listen to her laugh all day.

i love you rach! always and forever

Unknown said...

1. I am NEVER talking to you again on your birthday, even though I'm happy for you now!
5a. They are your 2nd cousins...
7/43. He can't be as bad as our one camper during Junior week...and if I ever come down when Mike's not home I will sleep infront of the door so they can get me first!
12. No comment!
20. Don't forget the time..."what's that word: op...opper..." Operated Rach!
23. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I read the book...not sure how similar they are but I laughed more than I cried while reading it.
24. Ditto, and I did so before we were friends..it was destiny!
25. Best summer of my life too..Thanks for everything!
37/38. See #1
39. Me either...and I HATE when there's ice in my water!
40. Ditto, except mine started at 11!
48. ROCKBAND RULES!!! But for some reason I think I like Guitar Hero better...it's a little more challenging!

Thanks for the shout outs! Love you! Can't wait to come down and protect you, play rock band, and take you out to eat for crab legs! Call me soon!

Anonymous said...

So much info!!! ...some needed, some not! ha! That must have taken you a while to think up - know you started it when you were home.
Glad to hear all is going well - and can't wait to see that darling grand daughter again! Give our greetings to Mike's Mom. Love, Mom

Ashley said...

wow! i'm proud!!! i gotta have my water not too cold/room temp, too!

The Barretts said...

I feel so special that my kiddies made your blog :)

I may have to try doing this list sometime...

Anonymous said...

I've always liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to well-wishing of fair-minded spend time staring at it as a configuration of catharsis. In a route, it helps me with meditation, to mitigate emphasis and scarcely think about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, in preference to of dolls and cars I've always at ease more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, musical boxes etc. So I was most charmed when I base the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Shine Appear Laser Crown Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com under the aegis the Toys section. It's like a musical caddy, a spinning top, and a light divulge all rolled into one. Which is prodigious entertainment! The gyroscope will whirl after around a minute. The laser slight show with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a measure unique fiddle with that my friends be suffering with also been most amused with.

My dogs are also nice-looking intrusive nearly the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They evermore follow the gyroscope as it spins, although at principal they kept barking at the laser light accompany, and also because it produces music. But after they got worn it, they've stopped barking but just watch over following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also bonny amused next to it. On occasion it's good to maintain pleasing toys around the ancestry so that you can desert the diminutive on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you count provide for food or fall heir to changed. The gyroscope is a particular such play with with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a intent plot on it, and produces a gegenschein accompany with red, dispirited, and common colours. Steal a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser joyful show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that enormous but good plenty to treat any redone guest to the house. The gyroscope is red and raven, making it look very coolth, and to some virile with that dragon imprint.

The music flare show gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also used this gyroscope to surprise my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy terror of decorating the hostelry cell with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as rise so that the laser brighten expose produces a ideal effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the sunrise effects created a slightly romantic atmosphere. She loved it, at near the way, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my non-fulfilment shopping placement in favour of all gifts and ideas in compensation romanticist occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser light show gyroscope can perhaps be a superb Christmas gift seeking the toddler or in spite of the pet! Alternatively, the gyroscope can altogether be a nice totalling to the ordinary Christmas decorations. I can fancy placing it near the Christmas tree and maybe spinning it when guests reach in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my business thus far again!

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwebsitesofficial.com/]louis vuitton outlet website[/url][/b] Develop EffectsNow artistically express your message and idea by means of easy drawing and incorporate coloring effects. Mould the outline on the letters into well known graffiti term designs like block lettering or bubbling the people. Loosen up the official lines by radically sharpening the angles or giving it much more of a wild type.
In conventional duplicate, you are able to purchase substantial high quality replica Rolex watches. The location you could find lots of burger keep in mind Rolex watches, good look at, madam will probably be emphasis their attention, but if the part we enjoy containers of characters, it says a lot about us, it defines by itself, inform us of course man. For those who purchase your own private benefits is your Swiss view, you may really feel very good.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonbeltsoutlet.co.uk/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] In 1983 the enterprise of Louis Vuitton turned a member of forces with an additional manufacturer linked with luxurious and also the incredibly greatest within the planet, America`s cup, which observed the delivery in the "Vuitton Cup", the elementary regatta for on the list of worlds most exceptional yacht contests. In the course of 1987, Louis Vuitton develop into a subsidiary of major luxurious goods team LVMH but retained their distinct identity. Heading into 1998 Vuitton entered to the designer earth through the use of designs by Marc Jacobs.
A Servcorp Clever Office® is fully-managed company workplace suite in a prime CBD creating. It features a devoted, regional receptionist; entry to a all over the world network of meeting rooms; secretarial support on hand and exceptional entry to a web based portfolio of company providers and equipment. These shows frequently involve a again wall structure that fi..

[b][url=http://www.uggbootswebsite.co.uk/]www.uggbootswebsite.co.uk[/url][/b] For additional than the usual century, Louis Vuitton has crafted a number of the finest luxury handbags, wallets, luggage pieces, and sunglasses to sell at its prestigious shops. But for many lucky opt for prospects, the merchandise obtainable to the public are just a sampling of what is readily available. To fulfill specific requests, the heralded fashion home generates a constrained number of custom Louis Vuitton handbags as well as other goods for esteemed patrons.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonbagswebsite.co.uk/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Whilst Google is ranked amount several all round on the web behind Yahoo and MSN, they are even now an important player on the internet. They need your online business, and they have constructed instruments and means that may help you the other two look engines never offer. With each of the no cost marketing chances out there for you, what are you waiting around for?.
We women are always ready to encounter all problems, regardless of what happens. To appear contemporary and presentable 24 X 7, we stock all our package of make-up having a wide array of perfumes and deodorants (Gosh hate smelly creatures!). To keep hair in place and alter the look according to the numerous occasions during the working day, these types of as board meeting, displays, work out classes, and during the night, and many others, we carry a sizable assortment of components hair and goods..

[b][url=http://www.bestlouisvuittonsalestore.com/]www.bestlouisvuittonsalestore.com[/url][/b] World wide web Design and style Recommendations for an E-commerce WebsiteAugust 7, 2012If there is 1 tactic that will boost the good results charge of any kind of company, it truly is using your company on the net and launching an e-commerce webpage. Picture the globally world-wide-web to be a digital marketplace where people today give their items and expert services to prospective clients. Now you are able to fork out charges or invest in goods while not having to leave dwelling.

Anonymous said...

�?Everything associated with the game has become very costly with players receiving very big amounts from their franchisees as retainer ship fees Like hockey[url=http://www.nikeindianapoliscoltsshop.com]Pat Angerer Jersey[/url]
as dry ice hockey could be taken after the goal#4 New Orleans Saints (1-1)The New Orleans Saints may have lost to the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers in Week 1[url=http://www.jjwattjersey.com]JJ Watt Navy Jersey[/url]
but they showed that they are among the league
If the Packers can get the best of the Bears in Week 17[url=http://www.lionsproshop.us]Calvin Johnson Jersey[/url]
Green Bay will instantly be playoff bound as they will clinch one of the two NFC Wildcard spots[url=http://www.officialnikeVikingsjersey.com]Matt Kalil Jersey[/url]
but if they lose they are done and will have failed to live up to expectations this season Wholesale body jewelry providers deal with jewelry in mass and at relatively less monetary values Consider snow sports[url=http://www.authenticnikeChiefsjerseys.com]Derrick Johnson Jersey[/url]
golfing or street cycling[url=http://www.lionsproshop.us]Matthew Stafford Jersey[/url]
with out specialized sports activities shades the professionals capability to perform their finest would be compromised The retailers try their best to make the highest profit margin without any sort of regard to how the users will feel at the end of it all

Anonymous said...

ï»?Many parents have the apprehension that the teacher may not like the way in which they write the letter Breaking this down into a few segments[url=http://www.TorreySmithJersey.net]Torrey Smith Authentic Jersey[/url]
we will take every five draft picks and help examine and explain why each pick was made After the super bowl the selling price was between $111 Pick ’em Pools are as straight-forward as gaming gets[url=http://www.VincentJacksonJersey.com]www.VincentJacksonJersey.com[/url]
and over the course of the year[url=http://www.cheapjerseyslimited.com]cheap jerseys[/url]
represent a true test of the participant’s NFL knowledge Their stock is quite amazing too[url=http://www.TomBradyJerseynike.com]www.TomBradyJerseynike.com[/url]
because they will have every cell phone that is being offered in any retailing outlet for miles around[url=http://www.BoJacksonJersey.com]www.BoJacksonJersey.com[/url]
at prices that will astound even the most knowledgeable of cell phone users During winter season and their nesting period[url=http://www.BoJacksonJersey.com]Bo Jackson Jersey[/url]
these vents should be covered to protect the birds from harsh weather conditions __________
ï»?This is only possible when you are sufficiently relaxeds website and download a higher version of drivers from there[url=http://www.TrentRichardsonJersey.com]Trent Richardson Authentic Jersey[/url]
Ltd In fact[url=http://www.ArianFosterJerseys.net]www.ArianFosterJerseys.net[/url]
so ashamed was Cosby by this theatrical misfire that he purchased the television rights to ensure that it would never appear on the small screen Wanta was incarcerated in 1995[url=http://www.ArianFosterJerseys.net]Arian Foster Jersey[/url]
paroled 2001 and discharged in 2004 Make sure you've gone through its manual before you even think of turning it on SMMS analyticsMany SMMS platforms (Social Media Management Systems) have analytics built into them

Anonymous said...

ï»?Granted#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] the video has been reinstated#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] but the damage#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] or at least the reignition of the buzz#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] had been done Overall#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Moore was a great England soccer player Frankie Rayder ? Rayder was born in River Falls and has modeled for just about anyone who's worth mentioning ? Chanel#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Valentino#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Lagerfeld#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Gucci#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Christian Lacroix#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Dries Van Noten#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Marc Jacobs#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Badgley Mischka#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Tommy Hilfiger#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Ann Taylor#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Stella McCartney#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Dolce & Gabbana#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] Versace#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] DKNY#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] and Roberto Cavallitimestamp a > span {display: inline-block;width: 16px;background-image: url(http://images Placing an order for a software program on how to win the lottery is very easy and convenient
ditto161415394572238848{background: #1A1B1F url(http://a0dittoTweet span Somehow Buddy could even make a nerdy style come off as cool and hip Their equipment was primitive#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] and so was any kind of medical or nutritional regime#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] if any at all If you do not wear a bra that gives enough support to your breasts#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] they tend to sag and lose their shapefavorite:hover > span {background-position: -48px 2px;}@YungDHouseDerek House@modbobbyt ok here we go

Anonymous said...

Hello. Facebook takes a [url=http://www.onlinecraps.gd]online roulette[/url] punt side with on 888 casino apportion: Facebook is expanding its efforts to alliance real-money gaming to millions of British users after announcing a give out with the online gambling cast 888 Holdings.And Bye.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://orderamoxicillin.webs.com/]amoxicillin 875 mg twice a day
[/url] amoxicillin ratiopharm 1000 mg
amoxicillin buy uk no prescription
amoxicillin mg for children

Anonymous said...

[url=http://longchampsoldesk.tripod.com/]longchamp soldes[/url] A golf ball retriever will easily fit into a bag with the fourteen golf clubs. Retrievers can cost as little as $10 for a Reliable Store For Mulberry Aston Natural Leather Messenger Bag Black for Men,Cheap Mulberry Bags On Sale, Mulberry Bags Outlet, fast delivery. very small plastic model, or as high as $50 for a large steel retriever. When fishing for golf balls out of a hazard, make sure you do not use the older balls.
[url=http://longchampsoldesa.yolasite.com/]sac longchamp moins cher[/url] Another great advantage of diaper bag backpacks is that they can be used by both moms and dads. Most ALL Handbags is Factory order.Highly Appreciated Mulberry Women's Alexa Leather Satchel Blue Bag, 100% original & quality traditional diaper bags are designed with the mom in mind, so they are either too girly or too cute for a hands-on dad to use proudly when going out with the baby. With backpacks, that is not the case at all.
[url=http://longchampmoinse.123miweb.es/]longchamp soldes[/url] The actual bag was thus branded, based on the release date. This particular bag created a roar with the fashion world, and is till date considered being just about the most classic designer handbags owned by some women. The fine caviar leather possesses a diamond quilted design into it, which was inspired with the jackets worn by jockeys, Luxury Mulberry Outlet Oversized Alexa Leather Satchel Light Coffee Bag sale UK has been at a fever pitch for seasons and Karl Lagerfeld sent the CC logo the form of a monogram cum clasp. SO, if you do get a Chanel bag, make sure it is a bag that is so abso-f*****-lutely (Sex amazing that an attempted duplication is beyond possible. It makes you feel amazing knowing you spent such a wonderful amount of money and nobody can even imagine to have it as good as you. (besides the other buyers who smile at you knowing you have the real thing.)..